Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

vitus979 wrote:
There needs to be a day of reckoning, and I'm not quite sure who's going to pay the price when it finally comes, but it should arrive on this point.

Why this point in particular?

"An here I sit so patiently
Waiting for the final price
You have to pay to get out of
Going through all these things twice"
Bob Dylan
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
sphere wrote:
Someone's going to come out of this looking historically bad and permanently tarnished, and they will have earned every bit of it.

Won't be Trump. His flock doesn't care that he lies. They don't care that every day he reaches a new low.

None of this matters to them.

Trump can do no wrong. All hail Trump.

Thats bullshit of course but feel free to continue with your moosefuckery. If only the same people whining today had paid more attention and broke out their rage the last eight years maybe they wouldn't be dealing with him. I warned about the coming pendulum swing many times.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Seems to me a line-in-the-sand moment, for this President, the former President, and the Press.

Someone's going to come out of this looking historically bad and permanently tarnished, and they will have earned every bit of it.
I'm with you on this one. I don't know how this ultimately plays out but this one feels a bit different than some of the other dirt that's been slung the past six months or so. The 'media is our enemy' stuff was bullshit but it was just nonsense that made Trump look worse than he had previously--which isn't saying much. But an accusation against Obama seems like a different level to me, that you don't make a comment like that unless you have rock-solid evidence and it probably means some heads in Washington would roll. Where's Trumps evidence, if there is any is it at all linked to Obama or his administration or is he just spouting more nonsense?

We'll see, but I'm with you: this one SHOULDN'T just fade away like all the other distractions Trump's been creating.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
BLeP wrote:
sphere wrote:

Won't be Trump. His flock doesn't care that he lies. They don't care that every day he reaches a new low.

Thats bullshit of course but feel free to continue with your moosefuckery. If only the same people whining today had paid more attention and broke out their rage the last eight years maybe they wouldn't be dealing with him. I warned about the coming pendulum swing many times.

What's bullshit about it?

Trump lies. Repeatedly. His core group love him.

Trump spouts off absurdly on Twitter. His core group love him.

How will this be any different? Trump can do no wrong.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
If Obama did order some illegal wiretap, that would be a big deal. If Trump actually colluded with the Russians during the campaign, that's a big deal. Making some wild allegation about it, though, is not in itself a big deal. People need to stop freaking out over things that really do not matter.
If you or I were to allege that President Obama tapped Trump's phones, that would just be somebody in the LR making another wild allegation. It's a big deal that Trump (as the POTUS) made the allegation, apparently based on someone else speculating without evidence to support this particular allegation. It's not a good look for Trump or the office of President of the United States.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I offer myself up as an example of a left leaning tax paying voter who is not freaking out. Many of my friends are the same way -- they don't like the social policy ramifications, but we are not crying in our cheerios. In fact, if we get a personal/corporate tax cute, I suspect I would be better off in the short term. I think your generalization is an over generalization. I'm simply enjoying the fact that this is going to crater under its own weight in ways I did not imagine and with greater speed than anticipated, though I am not holding my breath.

Carry on with your other generalizations, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
It's not a good look for Trump or the office of President of the United States.

The look is pretty normal for Trump. It's a terrible look for the President of the United States.

Bar lowered. Again.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course it's not a good look. Trump doesn't even look good to me when I agree with what he's doing, let alone when he's foaming at the mouth like a complete fool.

It's just that it's not some crisis for the republic, or completely beyond the pale, or just simply intolerable in a free and democratic society, or whatever. It's idiotic, but it's just not a Big Deal.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

And you assume that the wiretaps were done in Trump Tower, because why? And not, say, in conjunction with normal eavesdropping on Russians?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

And you assume that the wiretaps were done in Trump Tower, because why? And not, say, in conjunction with normal eavesdropping on Russians?

Also ... "ordered by Obama". Bad Guy (sick)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obama's answer...

http://www.newyorker.com/...-more-from-that-fool

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If only the same people whining today had paid more attention and broke out their rage the last eight years maybe they wouldn't be dealing with him.

Isn't the fact that Trump was elected show that people were in fact angry over the last 8 years?

Quote Reply
Re: Trump's WMD (Wiretaps of the Mad Donald) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
sphere wrote:

C'mon dude, I know you know it's All Heil Trump! Try to keep up...
Quote Reply

Prev Next