Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW
Quote | Reply
So have some time to kill before the flight. Record time to airport, breezed through security ....walk by see a yoga room check it out probably 300 square feet of serenity nice, tempted to .... next door is the room for babies which is about 50 square feet. WTF? I'm no expert but 100% sure the people that NEED to do yoga is significantly less than the number of people that need a quiet place to feed their baby or change them.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you have some sort of confirmation bias happening. Because, every time I go to the airport, I see a lot more womens in yoga pants than babies. So do the airport officials. Based on the yoga pant to baby ratio, the yoga studio probably needs it's own terminal.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't yoga require more room? When my wife was breast feeding, she would sit in a chair. Maybe others do it differently and require to spread out a bit more.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmcconne wrote:
Doesn't yoga require more room? When my wife was breast feeding, she would sit in a chair. Maybe others do it differently and require to spread out a bit more.

The thing was a utilitarian closet with a sink and it was one of those industrial wooden chairs whereas the yoga room had a nice bench, floor, lighting. basically what I've seen at places downtown.

I just found the dichotomy weird more so because the yoga room is superfluous whereas the baby room is probably legitimate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
So have some time to kill before the flight.
HAV?

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
jmcconne wrote:

The thing was a utilitarian closet with a sink and it was one of those industrial wooden chairs whereas the yoga room had a nice bench, floor, lighting. basically what I've seen at places downtown.

I just found the dichotomy weird more so because the yoga room is superfluous whereas the baby room is probably legitimate.

As someone who was a nursing and pumping mom I kind of like the utilitarian closet with sink. It discourages narcissistic business men from taking it over as a conference room. My experience is the nicer it is the less likely it will be available when you need it. Chair, sink, door, outlet and empty worked for me. I think most men would be surprised by the number of women pumping at the row of sinks in the bathroom at airports since that was the best they could do for semi private with available outlet. Also having a nice space next to it probably increases the likelihood it is empty too.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
windywave wrote:
So have some time to kill before the flight.
HAV?
LMAO you win the LR for the day
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
windywave wrote:
jmcconne wrote:

As someone who was a nursing and pumping mom I kind of like the utilitarian closet with sink. It discourages narcissistic business men from taking it over as a conference room. My experience is the nicer it is the less likely it will be available when you need it. Chair, sink, door, outlet and empty worked for me. I think most men would be surprised by the number of women pumping at the row of sinks in the bathroom at airports since that was the best they could do for semi private with available outlet. Also having a nice space next to it probably increases the likelihood it is empty too.

A) Completely unexpected response
B) If some asshole was in there holding a meeting I'd call the cops
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, but while you have time to call the cops I'd probably be nursing/ pumping in a bathroom so I can feed my child and catch my flight. These rooms are mostly for pumpers as people nurse wherever.

Think of it like a pool while traveling. Would you rather have ugly tiles and a stray bandaid in an empty lane or circle swim with a 70 yr old keeping their hair dry and a elementary backstroker in a gorgeous facility.

ETA the lactation room is the pain cave of the working mom.
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Mar 6, 17 14:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I see this makes perfect sense. At least around here, yoga seems to be more important than parenting judging by the sheer numbers of new moms in yoga classes while their babies are in daycare...

Yoga for the win...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My daughter just had her third child. This is so dead on. A quiet clean place to feed or pump is great.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
From what I see this makes perfect sense. At least around here, yoga seems to be more important than parenting judging by the sheer numbers of new moms in yoga classes while their babies are in daycare...

Yoga for the win...

Chicago is a tad different than Santa Barbara
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Yoga for the win...

Chicago is a tad different than Santa Barbara

You bailed Texas?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Yoga for the win...

Yoga helps turn a mom into a milf....which often results in another child.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cholla wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Yoga for the win...

Yoga helps turn a mom into a milf....which often results in another child.

Usually of mixed race....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
jmcconne wrote:

Completely agree. Something that is appealing to pump and feed would certainly be nice- accommodations for moms/families have been so frustratingly slow to come. I'm happy to see that there even *is* a pumping room. I suppose that is some progress. I remember doing that in an airplane bathroom a decade ago (I'm sure people thought I must have been having some major issues in there)- but even in places where there are loads of families- children's museums, amusement parks etc. The facilities are completely lacking!!!

While we are on the topic... children are amazingly germy. We want them to wash their hands... so can we get some child size sinks? It is not an easy thing to prop kids up on your knee and suspend them over a sink without them getting their clothes all wet. Oh. And if we can supply toilet paper, would it be too much to have wipes? Ok. I know. I know. I'm dreaming now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to kill before flight = bar.

The only reason to check out the yoga room is milf hunting. Probably the same reason to check out the baby room.
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
windywave wrote:
jmcconne wrote:

Completely agree. Something that is appealing to pump and feed would certainly be nice- accommodations for moms/families have been so frustratingly slow to come. I'm happy to see that there even *is* a pumping room. I suppose that is some progress. I remember doing that in an airplane bathroom a decade ago (I'm sure people thought I must have been having some major issues in there)- but even in places where there are loads of families- children's museums, amusement parks etc. The facilities are completely lacking!!!

While we are on the topic... children are amazingly germy. We want them to wash their hands... so can we get some child size sinks? It is not an easy thing to prop kids up on your knee and suspend them over a sink without them getting their clothes all wet. Oh. And if we can supply toilet paper, would it be too much to have wipes? Ok. I know. I know. I'm dreaming now.

Yeah the sink thing ain't happening that's what hand sanitizer is for
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Room vs. Mom Room MDW [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:

The only reason to check out the yoga room is milf hunting. Probably the same reason to check out the baby room.

At 7 AM? I enjoy a tipple but the only time I drink that early at an airport is when I get off the overnight flight to Dublin and get a Guinness
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:

At 7 AM? I enjoy a tipple but the only time I drink that early at an airport is when I get off the overnight flight to Dublin and get a Guinness[/quote

Ha! My rule of thumb has always been that time stood still at an airport. 7 am, noon, 5 pm, 11 pm. All the same thing. If the bar is open . . .
Quote Reply