Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could you ID this pistol?
Quote | Reply
Found it in a rock wall not too far from my house in ex Yugoslavia. Likely a WW 1 or 2. Italian and German army were in the area at the time.

[/url]
Last edited by: softrun: Mar 4, 17 20:33
Quote Reply
Re: Could you ID this pistol? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appears to be a Montenegrin Gasser revolver to me, although hard to tell with all of the rust.

Quote | Reply
thats pretty cool. i would love to know the story behind it

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Could you ID this pistol? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The area where I lived (that is, the entire Balkan) saw many different armies pass through. Some stayed longer then the others, many battles were fought. So you can find many different weapons from many different eras. If you go the small villages in the mountains it is easy to find German and Italian helmets, bayonets ( I have few of these) uniform pieces etc, I have found a big cannon round and mortar shells from German army. German barbed wire is still used to mark properties strung on metal rods, also used by them .Bullets can be found by dozens as well as marked and unmarked graves of soldiers. The locals fighting the occupiers would rarely keep the weapons at home because if found, they would be killed. So they were kept outside, hidden somewhere dug into the soil or like this one hidden in the rock wall. Maybe the person stole it from somebody or killed the original owner, put the gun there and vanished. Maybe he was killed, maybe moved away with his/her unit and never returned.
A friend of mine found a working German Mauser rifle and an iron cross in a small cave, we went diving and found hundreds of rifle Italian bullets, helmets and 20mm AA cannon shells. A group of us also found 2 Spitfires shot down in 1944. There is lots of stuff there, here are few from my collection
Bayonets
[[/url]
Bullets
[/url]
20mm AA rounds
[[/url]
German helmet
[/url]
Part of a 1st aid kit
[/url]
US fighte-bombers attacking the area, photo taken by a German soldier
[/url]

Ad Muncher

Ad Muncher
Last edited by: softrun: Mar 5, 17 21:18
Quote Reply
Re: Could you ID this pistol? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for posting that! im fascinated by finding bits of history. ive never found any relics like yours. some arowheads and stone tools are the best artificats ive found, but its been many years since ive found anything.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Could you ID this pistol? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You welcome :-), I have more.
I love history, digging up stuff and reading. There are so many books here in the Western world that we couldn't read there for political reasons. Since moving here I have read dozens of books, got quite a different perspective on many events and people.
Quote Reply