Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shorts for 88k
Quote | Reply
Doing my first 50ish miler this May. What do you recommend for shorts? Just what I've been running in or more of a tri short (minus chamois)? I'd prefer to wear one pair of shorts the whole race, but there will be pit stops to refit/refuel. In past marathons I haven't had chafing issues with normal shorts, but I've never ran this far before. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Shorts for 88k [zak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the furthest you've run in those shorts?

Wear whatever works the furthest and add bodyglide/vaseline to wherever rubs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ranger panties/silkies
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a pair of Salomon shorts and didn't have any issues. Vaseline will be your friend. I found that socks became the most important thing in my life for a while, find the best pair for you and put some Vaseline on your feet. Have spare pairs at each aid station. Good luck.

Quote Reply
Re: Shorts for 88k [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, it would be either 2 in 1 running shorts with boxer style or traditional running (cutout brief liner) with light compression short (Nike Pro or UA) underneath. I rend to get it upper inner thigh. I have also found slightly longer 7 or even 9 inch work better to keep material or seam bunching between legs. If it is raining I will double done on body glide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always found the tri short (pref minus the chamois) the most comfortable.

I have done 100km in regular running shorts a couple of times, but not by choice. There was some major lubing going down on those days.
Quote Reply
Re: Shorts for 88k [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never run that far but the lululemon running shorts are super comfortable and no chaffing. I always scoffed at them for being more geared towards women but ended up trying them and have to say they are probably my go to short now.
Quote Reply