Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

id this gun
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an old (or old design) single barrel derringer type.
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:

ive found similar types, but im trying to figure out the year and model. just out of curiosity. it was confiscated from a traffic stop in Baltimore. it kinda bugs me that someone had electrical tape on it tucked into their waistband rather than keeping it as an antique.

i know its a .22 lr

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats electrical tape on the handle

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just guessing, but it looks like it could have been one of the guns that were cheaply mass-produced during WWII to be dropped in to resistance forces by the OSS as assassination weapons. Caliber .22 was the favored caliber for that type of use, I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:
Just guessing, but it looks like it could have been one of the guns that were cheaply mass-produced during WWII to be dropped in to resistance forces by the OSS as assassination weapons. Caliber .22 was the favored caliber for that type of use, I believe.

thats pretty cool if thats what it is

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
owen. wrote:

ive found similar types, but im trying to figure out the year and model. just out of curiosity. it was confiscated from a traffic stop in Baltimore. it kinda bugs me that someone had electrical tape on it tucked into their waistband rather than keeping it as an antique.

It's even numbers matching!
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [nosmo king] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nosmo king wrote:

It is not a Liberator gun. The below is one of them.

Doing a google image search on the gun only brings up images and stories from Baltimore.
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [GSJon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i tried the same thing. that's why i asked here

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Derringer .22:

Or an early version of a Hi-Standard Derringer .22.

Here is a listing for one: http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10275574

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [GSJon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm familiar with the Liberator. This gun has some similarities in that it seems that the action is made out of two stamped metal halves. Seems to be very cheaply made so as to almost be a throwaway gun.
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats not it but a google search for derringer single shot .22 found it!

https://goo.gl/images/1ic5gH

this gives a good idea of scale

https://goo.gl/images/ucMD3Y

Last edited by: veganerd: Mar 4, 17 18:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.22lr derringer, made by Reck International, Germany, 1960's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There you go! I knew it was a .22 Derringer, but could not find the exact one with the tell-tail break release up near the hammer.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: id this gun [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! did you see the edit i made? i found one that shows how small it is.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! I didn't know it was that tiny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
thats not it but a google search for derringer single shot .22 found it!

https://goo.gl/images/1ic5gH

this gives a good idea of scale

https://goo.gl/images/ucMD3Y

Depends on who's holding it. That's probably a massive hand.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I recall one of the FBI reports I linked in the post showed these guns kill more people than Ar-15s. I'll check when I have time.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply