Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Been to Waikiki? Where to eat?
Quote | Reply
Was so tired last night, that I got back to my hotel from work and passed out at 7:30pm. It's sushi everywhere!!! Definitely going to get some of that, but anywhere else to check out?

Was here for the 1st time back in November. Already did Dukes and the original Benihanas. Recommendations?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Been to Waikiki? Where to eat? [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sushi Sasabune on 1417 South King Street. Yes, it's expensive, but if you like authentic sushi, try it out. There are no rolls or deep fried things. This is the real deal. (808) 947-3800. You have to have a reservation.
Hy's Steakhouse on Kuhio. The service and the food are fantastic.
There is a Japanese noodle place on Kuhio that is inexpensive and very popular. My wife loves it. Marikami? Can't remember.
Bill's Sydney on the second floor on Seaside.
Diamond Head Grill on Monserrat.. Takeaway or sit on picnic tables outside. Inexpensive.
Rainbow Grill on Kapahulu.
Leonard's Bakery on Kapahulu for donuts and malasadas.
There are so many other places I can't remember.
Enjoy your time there.
Quote Reply
Re: Been to Waikiki? Where to eat? [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmy d wrote:
Sushi Sasabune on 1417 South King Street.

Wow - fuck yes. Thank you for that. Just walked out and that was awesome. Best I've had without a doubt. Local Hawaiian, California, Japan, Scotland, South Africa, and Washington state seafoods. Smoked, raw, seared. House made sauces, fermented, pickled. I was tempted to run the full gamut of the other course, but they did a 4 day smoked salmon hand roll at the end that was just too good and fitting to continue.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm happy you went there and experienced it! Did you let them feed you or did you order a la carte? Did you sit at the bar or at a table? I've been there over thirty times now. We order Dassai sake and Asahi draft to help digest.
If you get a chance, read the reviews here. Occasionally, you'll find a reviewer that is absolutely unimpressed and offended that there are no rolls or that there was no side soy sauce. I was also in there one day when a woman decided to answer her phone and start chatting in a loud voice. Chef straightened her out in seconds.
There are two restaurants in the world I'd travel to, and Sasabune is one.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/...ulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's low rent but we enjoyed Hawaii's Favorite Kitchen/ Rainbow Drive-in over off Kapahulu.

Check out the Blue Note if you like music.

If you get a little time, hike up to Manoa Falls, pretty, a good hike and it won't take a big part of your day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like burgers: Cheeseburger Waikiki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omakase at the bar and some Kirin. I think I will be sure to visit whenever I come here.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy m'Bruddah?

How could you leave out Boggarts up Monserrat?

Breakfast Bagel???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Plaza Club.

But you will have to join.
Quote Reply