Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: THE BOSS Cam Brown: 2:42 run in his 20th IM NZ (2nd overall) [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
salmonsteve wrote:
A dentist too....

đŸ˜„

LOL, yes, Tom had a full dentistry practice rolling at the time he won IM Florida in 2008. Tom was living the full age grouper life while racing pro. But in fairness to most pros, many age groupers have a false sense of pro lives. When guys get a bit older, and have families and kids and more responsibility, it gets pretty cut throat racing pro and making ends meet. Its different when you're single. It's not exactly a cakewalk being a tri pro with a family and trying to support them off tri earnings.
Quote Reply
Re: THE BOSS Cam Brown: 2:42 run in his 20th IM NZ (2nd overall) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Seriously though, I don't really see the point of so many age groups under 40 though. We sould have a pro division (subject to pro rules, pro card, pro anti doping requirements) and then just an open amateur division maybe 24-39 minimum, but perhaps 24-44 is fine too as its totally possible to sustain performance well past 40 in long racing.

I couldn't agree more but I'll take it one step further. Why female and male? Danica doesn't get a trophy for being the top female at Daytona. Neither did the top female at American Ninja Warrior (which did pay $1 million to the winner)

And lets add the podium. What "major" sport celebrates 2'nd and 3'rd place?

Not to mention, it seems hard for the sport to sell itself as a "real" sport when any-one can get into its world championship. We can agree to disagree, but I'm referring to the slowtwitch acceptable Kona race as the Championship and just do a dozen 17 hour Ironman's and you get to go, or go buy a slot on Ebay.

Seems triathlon is more of an event than a competition.
Quote Reply

Prev Next