Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Turndown Service Chocolate
Quote | Reply
So they give you dark chocolate right before bed. Doesn't that defeat the point of sleeping?
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
So they give you dark chocolate right before bed. Doesn't that defeat the point of sleeping?

?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well aren't you special staying at a hotel with turndown service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just be sure to check under the bed.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

Hotel staff comes around and sees if you need anything, turns down your bed, and gives you dark chocolate.
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Well aren't you special staying at a hotel with turndown service.

It's for a wedding and the nicest couple of hotels I've stayed at didn't have turndown service (that I remember)
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Just be sure to check under the bed.
No dead hookers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

Hotel staff comes around and sees if you need anything, turns down your bed, and gives you dark chocolate.

duh, ive stayed in plenty of hotels. i jist dont understand how turndown service defeats the point of sleeping.

also you can tell them you dont want it.

just don't tell the maid one tuck no tuck. they will mix it up, you wont be able to sleep, and you'll end up killing a bunch of pigeons.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

The 2nd best thing the hot staff gal could have offered you was sex in the hot tub. Be grateful you got the dark chocolate instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

duh, ive stayed in plenty of hotels. i jist dont understand how turndown service defeats the point of sleeping.

just don't tell the maid one tuck no tuck. they will mix it up, you wont be able to sleep, and you'll end up killing a bunch of pigeons.

I wasn't his fault. He had to put the ice bucket on the balcony because it was making the room too cold.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

No the dark chocolate aka caffeine
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

I wasn't his fault. He had to put the ice bucket on the balcony because it was making the room too cold.

Yes but when I have a bucket on the balcony it's not to toss out human waste since you know I have indoor plumbing you hayseed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

Yes but when I have a bucket on the balcony it's not to toss out human waste since you know I have indoor plumbing you hayseed.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Turndown Service Chocolate [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave apparently needs to spend a week binge watching Seinfeld.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

I was a kid when it was on and it's probably dates now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:

it still holds up!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:

it still holds up!

Was there an episode about turndown service?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:

it still holds up!

Was there an episode about turndown service?

there was a subplot in an episode that jsa and i referenced.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never felt comfortable with turn down service in the few times I've stayed somewhere that offered it. I found the cheaper hotels much better. Expensive hotels charge extra for things that cheaper hotels give away. I think the theory is that wealthy people don't care about spending extra for things so why not charge them.

I don't like it when they knock at your door and ask if you need anything and I really don't like them coming into the room to make sure your ready to sleep. I'd just say I don't want the service but since they are there, can they leave extra chocolate...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree maybe it defeats the purpose of trying to sleep but not sleeping itself. If its the caffeine.

veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:

?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply