Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a recommendation for a portable EKG monitor. As a former pacemaker/defib rep I have a good appreciation for the heart and a good understanding of it electrically. I have a few reasons for the devices but regardless it is going to be important to clearly distinguish if a p-wave is present or not. I have been searching for the past few years, really since I left pacing but I have always come up empty until now. Now I see a couple of devices including:

The AliveCor Kardia Mobile has the most reviews, but after seeing the following glaring mistake in the marketing I really don't know if I can't trust any of the reviews nor the device. Does anyone have experience with this specific device. If you place it down on a desk and are steady can you get a clear EKG?

Other two options are the Heal Force Prince which seems like given the 3-leads could be promising but zero reviews and they can't even display a simple waveform in the marketing. BodiMetrics device, still 2-leads marketing indicates clear waveform, but pricey. Customer images show shaky EKG at best.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have and use the AliveCor device. It was recommended by my electrophysiologist. He seems pleased with the quality of the readings, and he's used it to diagnosis some benign arrhythmias. It's pretty cheap and bulletproof.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still have the original case model (for iPhone 4s), back before FDA approval days...and it was pretty good if you hold it steady and sitting against something solid. Took readings solely with the finger method...the hold on chest and on leg methods did not work for me.

Newer versions of the app still work on my case, and seems to be slightly easier to get a good reading, but I have not used it in a while as I'm not doing much remote medical support nowadays.

What is the big marketing error that you speak of?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cafe Lactate wrote:
Still have the original case model (for iPhone 4s), back before FDA approval days...and it was pretty good if you hold it steady and sitting against something solid. Took readings solely with the finger method...the hold on chest and on leg methods did not work for me.

Newer versions of the app still work on my case, and seems to be slightly easier to get a good reading, but I have not used it in a while as I'm not doing much remote medical support nowadays.

What is the big marketing error that you speak of?

That patient ekg on the marketing shot is definitely not atrial fib. They have it labeled as possible. I am sure the average buyer wouldn't know the difference but still makes me take pause.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a fairly extensive review site on some portable ecg/ekg machines: https://www.ndsu.edu/...andheld-ECG-EKG.html

I can read ecg's (former cardiac nurse), so I would be inclined to get the heal force. It's nice that it is 3 lead and can store 10 hrs, so like a holter. The software seems good. I like the calipers.

I've had some occasional arrhythmia's (never while I'm at work, otherwise I would just have a friend hook me up to a monitor), so I might just pick one up myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for a portable EKG monitor - Anyone have experience with AliveCor Kardia Mobile [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hubcaps wrote:
Here's a fairly extensive review site on some portable ecg/ekg machines: https://www.ndsu.edu/...andheld-ECG-EKG.html

I can read ecg's (former cardiac nurse), so I would be inclined to get the heal force. It's nice that it is 3 lead and can store 10 hrs, so like a holter. The software seems good. I like the calipers.

I've had some occasional arrhythmia's (never while I'm at work, otherwise I would just have a friend hook me up to a monitor), so I might just pick one up myself.

Dynamite, and this is why I love ST. Going to totally geek out to this tonight. Thanks so much for this.

Quote Reply