Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Asics HyperTri3
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried the Asics HyperTri 3 shoe, was interested in it but haven't seen any reviews on the shoe anywhere so was wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on shoe as in fit/feel & overall thoughts ?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [SeanTri94] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have their sister shoe, The Hyper Speed 7 as my racing flat and I can say it's a pretty nice ride. I'm used to 0 drop and 0 offset shoes and this one has a slight offset but I haven't noticed it causing me any troubles. So far they are wearing well (mostly treadmill work over the winter) and they don't cause any issues.

Now sneakers are individual so here are some other considerations about me to know:

1. I have narrow feet
2. I am a forefoot runner
3. I have smaller feet (8 us)
4. I'm light at 139lbs
5. I typically run sockless

also for the record this is my first pair of Asics ever. I've run in Newton, Nike and Skora up until now.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: PushThePace: Mar 2, 17 12:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SeanTri94 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here has tried the Asics HyperTri 3 shoe, was interested in it but haven't seen any reviews on the shoe anywhere so was wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on shoe as in fit/feel & overall thoughts ?

Thanks

Yeah same as pusthepace, I have the Hyperspeeds, which are more or less the same as the Hypertri, my first racing flat, great to run in. At the moment I'm limited to 10km, get too sore in the calves if I run any longer in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the first two versions and will be buying the 3rd version.

I have very flat feet and like a slightly narrow shoe. I thought the shoe was cushy for a racing shoe and have ran half ironman's in them.

I go sockless for 10k and less, needed socks for longer cuz I sweat so much.

I really like the shoe
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 3, 17 3:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just like PushThePace I am trying to switch to ASICS from Newtons Distance (not sure why). Got myself HyperTri3 - feels cushier and more forgiving than Distance, I think. Got used to it after the first run and may try on the next HIM, if they still feel the same in a month and a half.

This is my second pair after ASICS Sortiemagic RP3, which is a complete animal altogether. I like it very much on the track, but don't enjoy running on a street with it, so I thought I'd try a purpose made ASICS for the tri. So far not disappointed. Don't see a reason not to recommend it to an athlete, who is looking for a good shoe and has no specific requirements.

I am a neutral, mid-forefoot striker with a decent technique and terrible stretch routine. Running with socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to bring this thread back up because I'm looking to replace my Hyperspeed 7s and they look to be discontinued. I will try the HyperTri3 but really loved my Hyperspeeds and open to suggestion for a lightweight (these are 6oz) marathon shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in the hyper tri 2 right now and really like them. They are light with a little cushion, no support really. I know I'm comfortable wearing them for a half marathon, and I'd probably use them in a full as well. Don't know what's different about the 3 though
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in the original HyperTri and felt they were too "plastic" and not quite the same but willing to try about anything right now as I am less than 3 months from a marathon needing new shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't get the Hypertri in Australia, but it's virtually identical to the hyperspeed which I have. I use it for sprints up to 70.3 and run sockless. Am racing full next year, what are people's thoughts on using hyperspeeds for marathons? Do most people opt for something slightly more cushioned?
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Hyperspeeds with Supergreen insoles for a little support. For me, the perfect combo, and I’m 6’1, 200...I spent 23 years in the Army all shoes feel like bricks to me after an hour or so
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Can't get the Hypertri in Australia, but it's virtually identical to the hyperspeed which I have. I use it for sprints up to 70.3 and run sockless. Am racing full next year, what are people's thoughts on using hyperspeeds for marathons? Do most people opt for something slightly more cushioned?
I've used the Hyperspeeds for multiple marathons with no extra insoles and never a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I know the Hypertri-Hyperspeed line has been discontinued
Quote Reply
Re: Asics HyperTri3 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Given they are discontinued, any recommendations for replacements? I've been Asics loyal but mostly because I've found great shoes that worked but open to others. I've done the Newton route and it was fine to improve my stride but now I'm just looking for light and a good shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I can't help you with that. I bought 3 pairs on close-out last year just so I'd have them. I've not found another shoe that I've been able to wear sockless except for the Saucony Type A.

Perhaps this bump will reveal something from someone else.
Quote Reply