Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
last tri in 83 wrote:
I'm moving to cash so I can make bets with LR mavens. No way I can lose.

Plus you never have to pay!
:(
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you hurry you can buy in before it crashes.

efernand wrote:
This seems like a pretty good approval rating.

Quote:
That was fast! The Dow Jones Industrial Average on Wednesday traded above 21,000 on Wednesday, putting it on pace to touch a psychologically significant level and tieing the fastest pace to such a milestone.
The blue-chip gauge closed at 20,000 just a few weeks ago, marking a then-second-fastest push (42 days) to a 1,000-point milestone. If the benchmark closes at 21,000 today, it would match the fastest-ever surge to such a milestone at 24 days, equaling the same span of trading sessions between 10,000 and 11,000 in May 1999.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-tops-21000-in-intraday-tradeon-pace-for-second-fastest-milestone-in-history-2017-03-01

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
The market was artificially depressed during the campaign, due to an expedient characterization of "carnage". Politically unrealistic pessimism is giving way to unwarranted political optimism. I jumped in at the bottom of this (~1 year ago), and will ride it out a little longer, but will soon pivot, and wait for a correction.

Thanks, Yellen/Bernanke/Trump/Obama for the past 8 years!

This rise in the markets is the business cycle and not Donald Trump. However, this also puts into perspective the Trump doomsayers as well.
I told everyone to leave their money in the market.
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
But goddammit, Kelley put her feet on the sofa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you will get this...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Oh, I get it and I'd hit it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:

Oh, I get it and I'd hit it.

Looks like you'll have to wait in line and by the time you get there it will be like throwing a pencil down a hallway.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's not her style. This is more like it.

Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oddly enough it would seem Republicans are more willing to criticize their leadership then the Democrats are. See GHW Bush and GW Bush. Both were criticized roundly by people within their own party. Don't think I can say the same in regards to Clinton or Obama. Both were worshipped and could do no wrong.

By the way, Obama didn't run the economy into the ground but he did run it in a way that a very small percentage actually benefited. And some of his policies (see ACA) actually held back the economy and the average citizen. Under Obama the rich got richer while the middle class and poor got poorer.

Sanuk wrote:
The DJIA was $7,949 when President Obama took office and $16,988 when he left. Somehow the right doesn't give Obama any credit for his impressive economic recovery or all the jobs he saved by rescuing the failing auto industry. The way President Trump tells it Obama ran the economy into the ground and left him a disaster to clean up.

As the DOW was climbing, the Republicans said it had nothing to do with Obama (they were right), that the market is a poor indicator of jobs in most of America (they were right), that the markets are cyclical (they were right) and that a lot of what impacts the markets happens on a global stage (they were right).

Now, the market has gone up since Trump was elected and suddenly, it's all because of Trump.

That's why I'd like to know if the same people who are giving Trump credit now, will blame him if in the next 4 years, the markets go down. I have a strange feeling that there will be a lot of silence.
Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, Obama didn't run the economy into the ground but he did run it in a way that a very small percentage actually benefited. And some of his policies (see ACA) actually held back the economy and the average citizen. Under Obama the rich got richer while the middle class and poor got poorer.

Yes, and that's why the stock market isn't a good indicator of the economy. While the stock market was soaring, the people in the rust belt were still out of work, wages were stagnant and the only ones getting richer were the ones who already had enough cash sitting around to invest. Today, you have a high market but the underlying performance of the companies does not justify the values.

Quote Reply
Re: Dow Over 21000! Thanks Trump! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll give Cuban thru June 30th for whether his prediction is right or not.
Quote Reply

Prev Next