Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: This shouldn't bother me, but it does...... [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't share that opinion, considering that my wife has consistently had my back over the years.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: This shouldn't bother me, but it does...... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
RZ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
My wife has a habit of creeping on other people's facebook feeds for entertainment (people we know or are closely associated with actual friends of ours). She's not posting / making her own comments, just reading. She's not FB friends with him, but is FB friends with his wife (they've been friends since they were 3 years old).

He made these comments public for the world to see....

You might want to clarify something then. In the OP you said that she was trolling him. That can be taken two ways. I think a couple of people took it as if she were acting like an "internet troll" to him.

yeah, misspoke. creeping is the better term....

Lots of people mistake "trolling" for "trawling" which can mean "sift through as part of a search".

But the real question here is why do you care about his opinion? Does his opinion matter to you as coming from a person who's opinion you value? If not, then stop caring about what he has to say. And if so, then stop caring about what he has to say if it isn't constructive.

Obviously you are insecure enough about what others think about you that you are accepting their slights as truth at some deep-seated level. Invoke some self-confidence and realize that whatever some other idiot's perception/opinion/criticism of you is, it doesn't matter.

You're a psychologist? If not, then why are you speculating on how insecure I am or am not?

It was an inappropriate comment about me. I can feel upset that someone is making inappropriate comments about me without it having anything to do with my personal (in)securities, self worth, self esteem.

I'm just trying to help you here. Obviously it's bothering you. But it's important to understand other people's motivations to be able to understand your own reactions, and then separate yourself from their BS. Maybe he thinks he feels better about himself when he can hate on other people and make them look "lower" in his eyes. Maybe he's jealous of you. Maybe he wishes he could bang your wife, but she isn't interested because he's a POS and he knows that deep inside. Who really knows, but that's his baggage to carry. You don't have to let it eat at you. His opinion probably doesn't mean jack shit to anyone, so why bother letting it mean anything to you?

About the inappropriateness of the post on Facebook; Facebook is the world's largest narcissistic bulletin board. It is infested with vapid, narcissistic douchebags. If you're going to take to heart things that other morons post on that site, you are going to spend a lot of your life being unhappy and pissed off.
Quote Reply
Re: This shouldn't bother me, but it does...... [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
RZ wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
My wife has a habit of creeping on other people's facebook feeds for entertainment (people we know or are closely associated with actual friends of ours). She's not posting / making her own comments, just reading. She's not FB friends with him, but is FB friends with his wife (they've been friends since they were 3 years old).

He made these comments public for the world to see....

You might want to clarify something then. In the OP you said that she was trolling him. That can be taken two ways. I think a couple of people took it as if she were acting like an "internet troll" to him.

yeah, misspoke. creeping is the better term....

Lots of people mistake "trolling" for "trawling" which can mean "sift through as part of a search".

But the real question here is why do you care about his opinion? Does his opinion matter to you as coming from a person who's opinion you value? If not, then stop caring about what he has to say. And if so, then stop caring about what he has to say if it isn't constructive.

Obviously you are insecure enough about what others think about you that you are accepting their slights as truth at some deep-seated level. Invoke some self-confidence and realize that whatever some other idiot's perception/opinion/criticism of you is, it doesn't matter.

You're a psychologist? If not, then why are you speculating on how insecure I am or am not?

It was an inappropriate comment about me. I can feel upset that someone is making inappropriate comments about me without it having anything to do with my personal (in)securities, self worth, self esteem.

I'm just trying to help you here. Obviously it's bothering you. But it's important to understand other people's motivations to be able to understand your own reactions, and then separate yourself from their BS. Maybe he thinks he feels better about himself when he can hate on other people and make them look "lower" in his eyes. Maybe he's jealous of you. Maybe he wishes he could bang your wife, but she isn't interested because he's a POS and he knows that deep inside. Who really knows, but that's his baggage to carry. You don't have to let it eat at you. His opinion probably doesn't mean jack shit to anyone, so why bother letting it mean anything to you?

About the inappropriateness of the post on Facebook; Facebook is the world's largest narcissistic bulletin board. It is infested with vapid, narcissistic douchebags. If you're going to take to heart things that other morons post on that site, you are going to spend a lot of your life being unhappy and pissed off.
I am sure you spend a great amount of time with your little man, but i encourage you to spend even more time with him and other things that bring joy to your life. Life brings plenty of struggle and turmoil on its own without us digging through the interwebs looking for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next