Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sausage Party - the movie
Quote | Reply
Watched Sausage Party on the trainer this morning, holy shit, it's funny as hell. If your mental maturity is stuck at 15 years old, which mine is.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 8 and 11 year old daughters saw this while we were paging through Google Play movies and keep begging to see it. They have no idea what "Sausage Party" means so are clueless as to why I won't let them watch it... From the bit I've seen, I'm sure I would enjoy it.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends of ours stumbled upon this movie last week, and began watching it while their kids (7 and 11) were still up and about. Apparently, they made it a little more than five minutes into the movie before realizing that it was better left for when the kids were sound asleep; or safely out of earshot.

I was told that it's a great movie to watch with your spouse... if your spouse is able to laugh at your immaturity.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the very first word of the movie is an emphatic "shit". I giggled non-stop, my 12 y/o son would like find it funny too, but I'm not willing to risk the wrath of Mrs. mck414.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
I think the very first word of the movie is an emphatic "shit". I giggled non-stop, my 12 y/o son would like find it funny too, but I'm not willing to risk the wrath of Mrs. mck414.

my wife and 12 yo son rented it this winter. She said it was highly inappropriate for him. Problem for her was after every "inappropriate" thing she thought, "well it cant get any worse than that" but it sounds like it did. She was kind of half way down the rabbit hole by the time she figured out it wasn't "finding Dory"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We took our son to see this at the theater. I he may be scarred for life.

FWIW, I thought the underlining theme of the movie was pretty heavy and the sheer volume of sophomoric humor sort of took away from what could have have really great film.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like it's getting on time to soften our position on these things. By the time I was my kids' age (9 and 10), I had viewed every horror, action, and perverted comedy film that the late '70s and '80s had to offer. I had no firsthand knowledge of most references, but I felt like there was some value in familiarity when they came up in later years.

We're certainly not prudes in our house, but it feels like we avoid a lot of unwarranted exposure to the elements that will inevitably come with age. Our kids go to public school, and ride the bus. They've certainly heard far worse than anything we view on television, much less things uttered by one of us.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really does get worse and worse

You think they can not lower the bar but the grand finale is just ridiculous
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with you burnman, when I was 12 I saw Revenge of the Nerds in the theater, I recently told my wife I wanted our son to watch it with me on TV, needless to say that didn't go over very well.

but yeah, back in the 80's it seemed our parents were either more open or clueless to what we kids were watching. Perhaps because of our experiences back then some some of us are more controlling of what our kids watch nowadays. Personally, I'd rather my kids watch something wholly inappropriate with me than with a gaggle of their teen friends.

I know my boy would laugh his ass off at the douche.

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
I feel like it's getting on time to soften our position on these things. By the time I was my kids' age (9 and 10), I had viewed every horror, action, and perverted comedy film that the late '70s and '80s had to offer. I had no firsthand knowledge of most references, but I felt like there was some value in familiarity when they came up in later years.

We're certainly not prudes in our house, but it feels like we avoid a lot of unwarranted exposure to the elements that will inevitably come with age. Our kids go to public school, and ride the bus. They've certainly heard far worse than anything we view on television, much less things uttered by one of us.

I used to watch "nudey" movies on HBO & Cinemax in my room in the early to late 80s but we didn't pay for those channels so I had filter out the "snow" to barely see nip or hair pie!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:

Just discussing this the other day witha buddy of mine. Isn't it funny how most parents dont have a problem letting the 13 and 14 year old boys play games like Call of Duty on their xboxes but any sort of hint at nudity or sex ina movie and its taboo...
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Word

-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
It really does get worse and worse

You think they can not lower the bar but the grand finale is just ridiculous

Truth. Just when you feel comfortable with the depths of depravity, holy shif do you get thrown for a loop.

My wife and I rented it, laughed our asses off, knew we missed some things because the jokes come fast and furious at times, so we watched it again the next day. It is the only movie I have watched twice in two days in decades.
Quote Reply
Re: Sausage Party - the movie [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Isn't it funny how most parents dont have a problem letting the 13 and 14 year old boys play games like Call of Duty on their xboxes but any sort of hint at nudity or sex ina movie and its taboo...

We probably let our boys (4 & 7) watch things that they really shouldn't, but it's mostly confined to dinosaur violence, as far as violence goes. Nudity divorced from sexual situations isn't even on our radar for things to avoid, to the point that we have to remind each other that some friends' parents might object to their grade schooler watch Naked and Afraid with us.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply