Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
skinny wrote:
After reading this thread, I just downloaded the book. This is definitely an area that I am in need of an "aha!".

You guys are making me feel pretty shitty about my thread ideas when top billing goes to "sock drawer organizing".

Apparently it was a pretty uneventful year for most people.

Mine was figuring out that I DO want to be a lawyer again. Never thought that was in the cards.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [Elvis Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This. *****

I read her book as well. The single best take-away for me was asking myself if an object brings me joy. It became so much easier to purge junk from my house after I realized that objects that may have had significance to me in the past, but no longer did, held no purpose for keeping them. Six months after reading the book, the areas of the house I purged are still clear. **

My wife read the book and has said this exactly. The woman is looney, but it is a good way of looking at things and how you decide to keep or give stuff away.

She is a fruit cake though, and I'm not doing everything she says in the book.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess mine was a never give up moment. The Pats were down 28 to 3 in the 3rd quarter, all available odds at that moment gave them a .7% chance of winning, virtually 100% they would lose. I even sent messages to my comrades that their checks would be in the mail shortly, but then....A miracle happened. .7% began to climb every minute of the game, a million things still had to go right and wrong at the same time, but all hope was not lost.

So it is the old story of never giving up on your team or self I guess. Maybe you had a similar experience?? (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was. Aha, if you swim that 2.4, bike that 112 and run that 13.1 way harder than you should,you are fucked for the next 13.1 miles!

Lesson learned

Again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Life is way better when you wife is more interested in sex than you are.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Only if that gap isn't too great, otherwise it could get stressful again.
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When it was reported that Hillary's campaign had canceled their fireworks show. And then when Podesta was sent out to cover for her.
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
you wanna splain how the hell you pulled this off? Is there a hidden switch located somewhere near the g spot? A button in the ass, or possibly a certain way to tweak the nipples to activate sex drive??
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What made you think my wife's sex drive went up?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

The pool boy and a couple of your neighbors agree.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I had my kids in my 20's I would have failed as a dad. That was an eye opener.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
If I had my kids in my 20's I would have failed as a dad. That was an eye opener.

Isn't that the truth? I was 31 before I even got married. I have made a number of mistakes as an older parent and I know I would have been terrible as a 20 something parent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
What made you think my wife's sex drive went up?
not sure, that's just the way I read the post. Yours went down?
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably time to stop posting before I get in too deep. Lets just say it is easier to be the person giving permission than the one asking for it. And I never say no.

Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
len wrote:

Only if that gap isn't too great, otherwise it could get stressful again.

I've had it both ways and like the challenge of rising to the occasion a lot more than the frustration of going without.

My ex-wife lost all interest in sex after our first big fight. I figured she'd eventually get over it but she never did.

When I met my wife she had polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). This is a very real problem with health and fertility implications but it can also lead to greatly increased sex drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
probably time to stop posting before I get in too deep. Lets just say it is easier to be the person giving permission than the one asking for it. And I never say no.

Can I have a hundred bucks?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: What was your greatest "aha!" moment of the last year? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
https://youtu.b

LOL that is the first thing that popped in my head when I read the thread title too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raising teens has been filled with second guessing, sleepless nights, and me questioning my sanity for the past couple years. So mine came when an acquaintance told me they enjoyed raising teenagers. It hit me that maybe there is something to that. It has changed my attitude and approach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My greatest Ahaaaa moment - listening to BBC4's "Knowing Me, Knowing You. With Alan Partridge". Ahaaaa.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply

Prev Next