Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by P2Punk
Re: Putting on Heart Rate strap with Tri Singlet after Swim - Tips, Tricks, eh? eh? [P2Punk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wear it underneath. I did (when I used a chest strap)
Quote Reply
Re: Putting on Heart Rate strap with Tri Singlet after Swim - Tips, Tricks, eh? eh? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I did that but blew out the Garmin Heart Rate Strap. Don't think it's waterproof. At least the one I have. I have the soft strap. Maybe I need the hard plastic? Which one did you use?

http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/29449/Garmin-Fitness-Heart-Rate-Monitors.html
Quote Reply
Re: Putting on Heart Rate strap with Tri Singlet after Swim - Tips, Tricks, eh? eh? [P2Punk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used both. Never had issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 99% sure all the Garmin straps are waterproof.
They'd be pretty ridiculous for triathlon otherwise.
I've used both the older premium strap and the newer tri strap in the water regularly. I may have used the old classic hard strap in the water too but can't remember for sure. There should be no problem. Could be a coincidence yours died during/after a swim or maybe there was a defect or it hadn't been closed properly after a battery replacement?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P2Punk wrote:
Yeah I did that but blew out the Garmin Heart Rate Strap. Don't think it's waterproof. At least the one I have. I have the soft strap. Maybe I need the hard plastic? Which one did you use?

http://g.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/29449/Garmin-Fitness-Heart-Rate-Monitors.html

Been using the Garmin heart straps under tri tops for years without any issues. Hard plastic with the 310 and right through all the variations off the recent soft strap. Never had any problems with the sensor modules, ever. They are waterproof.

As suggested above, you might have just been unlucky or maybe not put it back together properly after a battery swap.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: PhilipShambrook: Feb 27, 17 1:21
Quote Reply
Re: Putting on Heart Rate strap with Tri Singlet after Swim - Tips, Tricks, eh? eh? [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PhilipShambrook wrote:
P2Punk wrote:

Been using the Garmin heart straps under tri tops for years without any issues. Hard plastic with the 310 and right through all the variations off the recent soft strap. Never had any problems with the sensor modules, ever. They are waterproof.

As suggested above, you might have just been unlucky or maybe not put it back together properly after a battery swap.

Ditto here. I've never had an issue with the HRM under a tri-top. I have a Garmin soft strap and it works like a charm. It has the added benefit of doing an awesome job of holding ice chips in place while running :-).
Quote Reply