Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Active membership worth it?
Quote | Reply
I maybe registering for some expensive races which I believe I will have to use active. So, not real clear reading how how a membership would
impact their fees. Is there a value in joining?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Is Active membership worth it? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The dark side is calling you.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I maybe registering for some expensive races which I believe I will have to use active. So, not real clear reading how how a membership would

How many races are you doing that use Active? I registered last October and, if all goes well, I will be registering for 10 events (USAT & ITU) which use Active. So, for this 12 month period, it's definitely worth the cost (in fact, they are paying me to be a member).
Quote Reply
Re: Is Active membership worth it? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

How many races are you doing that use Active? I registered last October and, if all goes well, I will be registering for 10 events (USAT & ITU) which use Active. So, for this 12 month period, it's definitely worth the cost (in fact, they are paying me to be a member).

I usually try to register on race morning and pay cash, but some of these USAT national and world events must use active.

So, if you are a member does the process fee go to zero?

When I look at if I register for worlds, the active fee is 39.98 as a non member. So, if I am a member, what is the fee?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Is Active membership worth it? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
The dark side is calling you.

Just trying to see if I can save a buck. :) With now taking my entire family to Disneyland, world and national possible trips, I need to try and same many bucks. :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

When I look at if I register for worlds, the active fee is 39.98 as a non member. So, if I am a member, what is the fee?

I get a discount equal to the lesser of the Active fee or $10. So, if the fee is less than $10, it becomes zero.

Are you racing Nationals in Bend? How many races are you doing in Penticton? That might help you make a decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Active membership worth it? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

I get a discount equal to the lesser of the Active fee or $10. So, if the fee is less than $10, it becomes zero.

Are you racing Nationals in Bend? How many races are you doing in Penticton? That might help you make a decision.

I hope to do nationals in Bend. I hope to do 4 in Penticton, which is where the 39.98 came from when I went through the reg process.
But there is one I want to do next weekend that has 5 bucks. So they add up.

So if the fee is more than 10, like the penticton might be at 39.98, it would only drop 10 bucks?

Under 10 it becomes zero if I read correctly?

So, looks like one has to have 50 bucks worth of "discounts" to break even?

Thanks

Quote Reply