Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mizuno runners [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Inspire (currently loving and stockpiling the 12) for most of my mileage, and have been using a Sayonara 2 for workouts and longer races. I absolutely loved the Elixir, so I'm trying to replace my Sayonara's with the Catalyst, but I'm not in love with either honestly. I have a pair of Musha 5's for shorter races that are on their last leg and I'm looking for a replacement. IMO that's one of their best all time shoes. I was also a huge fan of the Inspire 10/11, felt like they were trying to combine the Elixir and Inspire into one platform. It was a great high mileage shoe, but also felt great running fast.

Anybody find a good replacement for the Musha?
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been a Mizuno Wave Rider fan for years, but the last few generations the uppers have been made of various different light, but also flimsy, materials, so they develop holes where the fabric flexes long before the soles wear out. So I'm starting to think about whether I need to switch brands, albeit reluctantly because I'm otherwise mostly a fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every running shoe I ever like gets rapidly discontinued.

At the moment I do most of my runs in the Mizuno Wave Evo Levitas (now discontinued). When they die I'm back to buying a few pairs of shoes at a time until I find something else that works.

----------------------------------
http://ironvision.blogspot.com ; @drSteve1663
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Waveriders since I hurt my achilles' running in newtons. That was about 2013, or so. They're good shoes, but I find they wear kind of fast, especially on the outside, as I pronate a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [drsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drsteve wrote:
Every running shoe I ever like gets rapidly discontinued.

It was a sad day when after spending 9 years running in Mizuno Wave Alchemy to discover they were discontinued. Got fitted on the paradox but unfortunately they aren't a direct replacement and wasn't as happy with the added cushion
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in the Precision for years and went to the Ronin (which had 0 cusion but I love the way they felt) when they were gone. One year later the Ronin was gone.

Cool story about Mizuno, I wrote them and e-mail and they suggested the Sayonora which I did not like at all, they had no responsiveness and felt like I was running in rubber sandals so I told them that in a reply. They mailed me a pair of Hitagomi's with a return label (paid) for the Sayanora's. I am on pair 6 of the Hitagomi's. If you follow sites like Left Lane Sports or the CLYMB the will periodically have last years model on sale for under $60/. And if you are in this sport and do not follow those sites you are missing out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been a dedicated Mizuno runner for the last 17 years. I was tired of drastic changes from one model to the next with Asics and Nike and suffering through numerous running related injuries. I have found that Mizuno, at least with the Creation, Precision and Enigma, for the most part just changed color schemes rather than construction. For my training runs, I moved from the Creation to the Enigma due to cushioning and use the Precision for racing.

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I can't find info on what is the shoe that has replaced the Catalyst. I find it difficult to find in size 9 US... I live in Mexico and Mizunos are either twice the price in USD or very difficult to find...
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There isn't one.

Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They basically feel that the Rider is stable enough at this point, and light enough, that it covers the market for the old Precision/Elixir customer, as well as still being their responsive neutral shoe.

Seems to work for most people, as sales seem steady enough.

Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [isbr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
isbr wrote:
I have been a dedicated Mizuno runner for the last 17 years. I was tired of drastic changes from one model to the next with Asics and Nike and suffering through numerous running related injuries. I have found that Mizuno, at least with the Creation, Precision and Enigma, for the most part just changed color schemes rather than construction. For my training runs, I moved from the Creation to the Enigma due to cushioning and use the Precision for racing.

I changed to Wave Riders for the same reason. I bought a pair at a race expo so long ago they were just Wave Riders, no edition number. I haven't trained in any other shoe since, but I have used the Creation and their racing flat (name escapes me) for races.

I haven't tried a pair on before purchase in 10 years. I know a size 12 is going to fit and feel just like the last pair I bought.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh! I see! thanks for the info!

I have ran in Riders before, I actually did my best half marathon time in that pair, so I guess they're worth to look at now.

I have a low arch, so that is why I tend to look into the support category; and the Elixir was the best shoe I owned. I never used Catalysts, and that was their replacement, so I was looking on the same line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To pile onto this thread:

As I may have said earlier in this thread that I used to use the Precision and the Sayonara but moved on to something else.
I recently tried the Wave Shadow but was underwhelmed.

I do like their trail shoe: Wave Hayate, I'll likely be getting another pair. I used it for Xterra in 2017-18 replacing my older Asics Fuji Racers which I also liked but are not available.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno runners [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh! cool! thanks for the info too!

I like a bit more support than what the Precision or Sayonara *appear* to offer, and by doing the test in the Mizuno site, I would be suited to the Inspire.

I actually used a pair of Inspires, but there was nothing special for me about them, so I got the Ride instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in mizuno probably for the last 5 plus years.

Wave rider everyday shoe
Hitogami for races
Precision for anything in between

They got rid of the bottom two which I wasn’t a fan of.

The Sayonara never felt great. I tried the shadow and it was okay but not great.

Then tried the wave rider Flyknit and immediately got hot spots that I’ve never had.

I went to try the 4%, loved them so much that I ordered the Nike Turbo 2 and haven’t looked back. I’ve never been a fan of Nike until now but the Turbo 2 has been great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next