Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
Only actor to have been killed by an Alien, a Predator, and a Terminator.

In all seriousness, I loved his work.

Honestly always thought he was a bit of a ham until Big Love. I thought he was really good in that.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I've seen a half-dozen stories and every one says he died from complications from surgery but not one has said what kind of surgery.

Anyone know?

Not sure where I read it, or if it is accurate, but think it was heart related surgery and then he had a stroke or something during post-op.

Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I liked most about BP was his ability to play smaller roles in a movie. Which I read as a well-managed ego. U-571 and Edge of Tomorrow are two films I must watch if I catch them while flipping.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
What I liked most about BP was his ability to play smaller roles in a movie. Which I read as a well-managed ego. U-571 and Edge of Tomorrow are two films I must watch if I catch them while flipping.

Agreed. It always appeared to me that the guy just liked to act and be in movies and, to that end, no role was too small.

He was great in Edge of Tomorrow. "Tip of the spear! Edge of the knife! Crack of my ass!"

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:

How many remember him in Titanic? Another bit role, in only the biggest movie ever (or at least it was...)
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And didn't anyone see "Near Dark" or "A Simple Plan" - I liked 'em both.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Bill Paxton [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had rheumatic fever as a kid -- it damaged his heart -- he was having heart surgery and had a stroke during post-op
Quote Reply

Prev Next