Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Possible to transfer Route from ridewithgps app to Garmin 520 without computer?
Quote | Reply
At the beginning of my ride today, I realized that I hadn't loaded my planned route onto my Garmin 520. I could access it in the ridewithgps app on my phone (Android), but couldn't seem to figure out how to transfer it to my Garmin. Does anyone know how to do this? Is it even possible? Seems like it should be possible using Bluetooth, but I haven't been able to find the procedure.

Thanks.

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to transfer Route from ridewithgps app to Garmin 520 without computer? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the app allows you to save a gpx or tcx file of the route to the Android file system, you can connect your garmin to the phone with a USB host cable/adapter and use a file manager program (built-in on some versions of the OS, or Astro or Es file Explorer) to transfer that file into the New Files folder on the Garmin (which should mount like a USB disk when you plug it in). Then unmount and start up the garmin and the route should be there.

If the garmin uses micro SD storage, you can either put it in your phone's slot (if it has one) and transfer the file the same way, or plug a card reader into the phone with the same male micro Usb to female Usb type b connection.

If the app doesn't allow you to save a route to the phone storage, you can probably download the route from the Web to phone storage for the same procedure above.
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to transfer Route from ridewithgps app to Garmin 520 without computer? [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you use an android usb on the go cable? I've connected to a lot of things with one but haven't tried a garmin yet. I'll test it out when I get home.

https://www.amazon.com/...-Cable/dp/B00D8YZ2SA
Quote Reply
Re: Possible to transfer Route from ridewithgps app to Garmin 520 without computer? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm able to connect to a Garmin 810 with my Galaxy 5 using the cable I mentioned above if that helps anyone.

Edit: By the way...DON'T DO THIS. You will have to reset your Garmin if you do.
Last edited by: jaretj: Mar 2, 17 7:00
Quote Reply