Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently. I tend to agree. If you are already shelling out that kind of dough you need to get over it
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally got some of the award winning Crown Rye. You Canadians got something right!

Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I skipped the hype the other year and got some this year. I agree, it's awesome!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
I finally got some of the award winning Crown Rye. You Canadians got something right!

Speaking of Rye, I am drinking the Rabbit Hole Rye by my fire pit right now. Their bourbon is shit but their Rye is really nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more thing, if u want a really good and really affordable bourbon get the Elijah Craig Small Batch. Can get it here fairly easily for $29.99 a bottle and it is really good.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other week I was in DC and went to Jack Rose's. They claim to have the largest whisky selection in the western hemisphere.

An amazing experience. Food was ok, but who's there for the food. Oysters.

Had the Pappy 15 and 23. Also tried the Bruichladdich Octomore 6.1. Heavily peated, they say. Everything was just brilliant. And they have an amazing and unique beer list too. But by the time I went to the beer list, I don't really remember what I selected.

Next time you're in DC, you have to check it out.

Drunken me, I broke a glass of the 15, and they replaced it. But not after me trying to see if I could still sip without imbibing a shard of glass.

By the way, no limits. They'll do bottle service is you want.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Feb 28, 17 15:53
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw that place featured on Best Bars. Did you get to go downstairs to the secret prohibition bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got to try the Pappy! [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Just stayed in the main room. But definitely a great bar.

They had this whisky "sommelier" who knew everything about their collection. I asked what training he had to go through to get there, and his response was, "College." I jokingly asked if had a card with a phone number that I could call the next time I was in BevMo, and he gave me his card.
Quote Reply

Prev Next