Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair
Quote | Reply
    Seems like a party that has not come to grips with their loss of the WH and weakness at the state level, and is still feeling out a way forward. The DNC chair will have a great effect, and as importantly, send a particular message.
- Ellison, the Sanders choice, hard left progressive, black and Muslim
- Perez, an Obama admin guy, Biden and Holder endorsed, the establishment guy, Hispanic
- Buttigeig, red state mayor, gay
- someone else

Thoughts?

http://thehill.com/...lds-edge-in-dnc-race
Last edited by: dave_w: Feb 24, 17 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they do this in a similar fashion as the DNC POTUS nomination, I'd bet on Perez, but not with mophal.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ellison is a local guy, well liked. ive long thought he will be the chair. i get the feeling he has presidential aspirations a few terms down the road.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
If they do this in a similar fashion as the DNC POTUS nomination, I'd bet on Perez, but not with mophal.

Bwahhahahahahahahah!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

Oh Snap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they pick anyone other than the mayor of South Bend prepare for at least another cycle of GOP dominance.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
If they pick anyone other than the mayor of South Bend prepare for at least another cycle of GOP dominance.

Let's see. They offered up Hillary Clinton for POTUS, re-elected Nancy Pelosi to lead the minority reps, and made Chuck Shumer their leader of Senate minorities.

What males anyone think they'll do better this time?
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
windywave wrote:

Let's see. They offered up Hillary Clinton for POTUS, re-elected Nancy Pelosi to lead the minority reps, and made Chuck Shumer their leader of Senate minorities.

Hopefully a deep seated desire to win.

My thought is the mayor will basically force them to pay attention to their potential voters in the area between NYC and CA
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Ellison is a local guy, well liked. ive long thought he will be the chair. i get the feeling he has presidential aspirations a few terms down the road.

If Ellison is elected head of the DNC the party is finished.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Why do you think this?
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Agreed. Rumors or not, his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood would turn off many Dems wanting to distance themselves from any potential fallout. Politics are a CYA business.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [rittermike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because he embodies the identity politics that the Dems seem to be pursuing and cost them this go around. He also has some pretty suspect ties and anti-Semitic remarks that are well documented. Again, that seems to be par for the where the Dems are heading so it would just validate existing criticism. See Jim Webb's Meet the Press interview from two weeks back. He was a Democratic Senator from Virginia (last dem campaign I worked), and he said the party is moving away from white middle class and the direction it is going leaves nowhere for people like him.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great response. I think there is definitely some truth there, although I think he represents a style of politics that is more focused on engaging people and getting people into the political process than most politicians. He comes from the Wellstone school (literally and figuratively) which I personally think would be good for the party.

Also, I hear the Webb campaign was a wild ride. NoVa Joe (rip) often referred to it as "smoke and mirrors." (I worked in VA in during the '07 cycle).
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
windywave wrote:

My thought is the mayor will basically force them to pay attention to their potential voters in the area between NYC and CA

LOL. So they forgot, lacked, or put aside the desire with the other three? Desire won't cut it without some political and policy realism and will to buck the identity politics that has taken over the party.

Agree that they will need to pay attention to the middle.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [rittermike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rittermike wrote:
jwbeuk wrote:
veganerd wrote:

Why do you think this?

I am pretty sure the Democrats new slogan ("Allah Akbar! 2018!") will turn off most deplorables.

The funny thing is that identity politics and political correctness is so infused into the Democrat ethos that none of them can stand up and state the obvious without being denounced.
Last edited by: Arch Stanton: Feb 24, 17 19:27
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
windywave wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
windywave wrote:

LOL. So they forgot, lacked, or put aside the desire with the other three? Desire won't cut it without some political and policy realism and will to buck the identity politics that has taken over the party.

Agree that they will need to pay attention to the middle.

What I meant by desire to win is set aside the hysterics over essentially inconsequential things and move to the middle. Basically tell all of the nitwit progressives to fuck off.
Quote Reply
Re: Big Weekend for Dems; DNC Chair [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:

The funny thing is that identity politics and political correctness is so infused into the Democrat ethos that none of them can stand up and state the obvious without being denounced.

Yep
Quote Reply