Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Logic Question on immigration [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are definitely living in interesting times.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Logic Question on immigration [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one of the richest people ive ever known (we are talking private jet rich) overstayed his student visa for more than a year.

Ooh! Excellent point! Totally pertinent to what we're talking about!

Stop digging.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Logic Question on immigration [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
one of the richest people ive ever known (we are talking private jet rich) overstayed his student visa for more than a year.

Ooh! Excellent point! Totally pertinent to what we're talking about!

Stop digging.

dude, youre the one who said illegal immigrants are here because they are poor. are you ready to admit that is a silly blanket statement to make?

heres how to know when you lost an argumet. you say "stop digging" i laid out both a personal anecdote (often very low on the convincing scale) and an article ( often much more convincing than personal anecdote) that refute your assertion. thats not digging a hole for myslef, its burrying you. is that what you mean by "quit digging"? is that your acknowledgment that youre getting burried?

i can provide even more examples if you need but its just going to make you look sillier by sticking with your incorrect idea of what illegal immigrants are.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
Isn't the mainstay of the social compact an implicit agreement to adhere to the laws?

its part of it, but most of us are smart enough to realize that not all laws and lawbreakers are equal and simply committing a crime does not negate your participation in society.

So if you break the law you agreed to abide by, have you not also agreed to the punishment?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

in fact, one of the richest people ive ever known (we are talking private jet rich) overstayed his student visa for more than a year. good luck exploiting a mega millionaire just because hes here illegally. he didnt need a job, he just had a bank account topped off by mom and dad.

So the rich should have different rules?
Quote Reply
Re: Logic Question on immigration [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
Isn't the mainstay of the social compact an implicit agreement to adhere to the laws?

its part of it, but most of us are smart enough to realize that not all laws and lawbreakers are equal and simply committing a crime does not negate your participation in society.

So if you break the law you agreed to abide by, have you not also agreed to the punishment?

no.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Quote:

in fact, one of the richest people ive ever known (we are talking private jet rich) overstayed his student visa for more than a year. good luck exploiting a mega millionaire just because hes here illegally. he didnt need a job, he just had a bank account topped off by mom and dad.

So the rich should have different rules?

in theory, no. in reality, yes. i didn't make any statement or implication that they should so im not sure why you're even asking. i simply pointed out that vitus' idea that people are here illegally because they're poor is wrong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it helps you feel smart to pretend that we're talking about someone who overstayed his student visa because he was busy flying around on his private jet, knock yourself out.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

no.

Then you have not agreed to the social compact, are not part of society, and can be justly removed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
If it helps you feel smart to pretend that we're talking about someone who overstayed his student visa because he was busy flying around on his private jet, knock yourself out.

We're talking about people here illegally. The reasons that people come here and stay here illegally are numerous. You boiled them down to a couple of reasons and used an inductive argument. Inductive arguments can easily be refuted by adding premises, which i did.

Now you're pretending that my entire argument is based on one anecdote. It's not. Guess what that is. ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

no.

Then you have not agreed to the social compact, are not part of society, and can be justly removed.

nonsense. disagreement on punishment does not negate membership in society.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We're talking about people here illegally.

We're talking about people who come here illegally in order to find work. Not about someone who temporarily overstays their student visa.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

We're talking about people who come here illegally in order to find work. Not about someone who temporarily overstays their student visa.

Really, why?

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Logic Question on immigration [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Really, why?

thats news to me as well. its also negated by the article i provided to him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

no.

nonsense. disagreement on punishment does not negate membership in society.

Rephrase: substitute acceptance for agreement
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
1) Enter or remain in the US illegally
2) Commit an additional crime

Explain to me the logic for not deporting this individual. To me there should be no debate on this. I can understand (although disagree with) the argument for someone who came here illegally but didn't commit additional crimes. However the logical argument to not deport someone here illegally who has committed a crime escapes me.

Not gonna lie homie.....Most of the shit coming off your keyboard makes my eyes roll BUT... I'm with you on this one!! I consider myself a centrist-to -leftish leaning thinker:) and yet absolutely agree with you that 'there should be no debate' . Kick his/ her ass right out on the next plane to timbucktoo
Quote Reply

Prev Next