Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Perfect TV show for the Forge.
Quote | Reply
Any other fans? Its called "Forged in Fire". Modern day blacksmiths make ancient weapons and tools using modern and vintage techniques and then they are tested for quality/authenticity in competition. Very interesting show, although I could almost envision our Forge blowing himself up making pipe bombs in his shop. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Perfect TV show for the Forge. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seen it already. Pretty cool.

By the way, My shop has over 25 lbs of gunpowder. That would blow up a lot of stuff.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Perfect TV show for the Forge. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Seen it already. Pretty cool.

By the way, My shop has over 25 lbs of gunpowder. That would blow up a lot of stuff.

Figured you'd be a fan. Not surprised about the gunpowder either.. LOL!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son and I will watch that show together.

Good "man show."

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched it a few times. Some of the knives/swords that they make are pretty interesting as well as the history behind them.

With his hair pulled back in that man-bun his giant ears sticking out make him look like Dumbo.
Quote Reply
Re: Perfect TV show for the Forge. [GSJon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GSJon wrote:
With his hair pulled back in that man-bun his giant ears sticking out make him look like Dumbo.

Wait, are we still talking about TheForge?
Quote Reply
Re: Perfect TV show for the Forge. [GSJon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the host?

Wil Willis is just another Former Action Guy.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Perfect TV show for the Forge. [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is was the lead in special ops mission on the military channel. Sort of a one man army show where he would sim off against some op force of former special ops guys. He was a former army ranger 75th and para-rescue. Based being in 75th rangers and cross branch positions, I would assume he was under JSOC, though his bio doesn't say it. I don't know the specifics, but while a lot of those guys stay in their "unit", they are technically JSOC TF operators where branch and unit seem more like a formality. It isn't unusual for teams to go with pararescue, Dev Gru, Delta, and a platoon of rangers as muscle in a single mission.

It was entertaining. And yes, he usually won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Special_Ops_Mission

The other popular guy was Myke Hawke (say that fast and it isn't even his real name), a green beret from the 5th special forces I have mutual friends with. He did man woman survival and then one man army where different tough guys would sport off in brain, brawn and endurance matches. That to was fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mykel_Hawke

Oh this is too good. Myke Hawke was on Tool Academy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/...cademy_(UK_TV_series)

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply