Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shovel Rage. I can relate.
Quote | Reply
"Shovel Rage: Angry shoveller chases snowplow after cleared driveway filled back in"
I can so relate to this guy. I've shoveled so many times and then a few hours later when I need to drive somewhere I find a 1m high berm of packed snow and ice at the end of my driveway.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/...296537?autoPlay=true

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And it's usually an ice block because the melt from the salt has frozen it ... Many an afternoon was spent as a youth redoing the apron to the driveway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the worst! I have started snow blowing a path the width of my driveway from the edge of my driveway and another 30' to the side that the plow comes from. I still get a bit of a wedge, but not enough to block me in.

Guffaw wrote:
"Shovel Rage: Angry shoveller chases snowplow after cleared driveway filled back in"
I can so relate to this guy. I've shoveled so many times and then a few hours later when I need to drive somewhere I find a 1m high berm of packed snow and ice at the end of my driveway.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/...296537?autoPlay=true

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had something like that happen just last week. A kid was on the beach making a sand castle when the waves came up and damaged part of it. He was really upset until his mother bought him a snow cone to help cool off. Living in Florida this time of year is tough.
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
We had something like that happen just last week. A kid was on the beach making a sand castle when the waves came up and damaged part of it. He was really upset until his mother bought him a snow cone to help cool off. Living in Florida this time of year is tough.

Let me know about July and August
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And why is the berm at the end of my driveway always twice as big as my neighbor's? In other news, it's supposed to be 60F tomorrow. Mud season in February.
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

You've obviously been in Florida during the dog days of summer. Yeah, they suck! Fortunately last year, I was in Colorado Springs for all of August and September. I called my dad one day last August and told him that I had just bought a jacket because the weather was in the low 50's and I didn't have any clothes with me for that kind of weather. He was a bit envious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Two snow cones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We had a similar situation this year. We live on a culdesac with no bulb at the end, it just dead ends at the neighbors driveway so it is a bit tight. Our next door neighbor is new and a total doofus, his idiocy is only outdone by the stupidity of his offspring.

We got the most snow we have had in 30+ years this year so there was lots of shoveling going on, and given the dimensions of our culdesac there was no plowing so the snow and ice was piled high in our cul. The storm drain is at the end of our driveway. Next door doofus decides he is scared of flooding when it starts to melt so he gets a shovel and digs a trench in the snow/ice all the way down the sidewalk from his driveway along ours and to the drain. The trench is the perfect size to swallow a car tire. Made it absolutely impossible for my wife to get her car out of the driveway.

So I go out and fill it back in so she can go back to work, dumbass comes back and digs it out again. She went over to his house and lost her proverbial shit on him. He came back, filled it back in and hasn't waved at me since. Now if we could just get his dumbass kid to leave us alone...
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to hear more about this neighbor and his kid
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

I'm sure the weather in Texas or Chicago in August is just so perfect!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This exact thing was the last straw for me. After it happened I told my wife we had to move and 5 months later we were out of Michigan. One of the best things I ever did.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

Global warming in full effect here. 60's in February, count me in.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Shovel Rage. I can relate. [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
This exact thing was the last straw for me. After it happened I told my wife we had to move and 5 months later we were out of Michigan. One of the best things I ever did.

My business partner is a professor at the Northern Michigan University in Marquette. He has accepted a job at Texas A&M. He is excited to be leaving the harsh Michigan winters, though he said he will miss summer and fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived on a culdesac in northern IL. Happened all the time, and royally pissed me off. I used to consider renting a concrete drill, boring down about 3 feet, and dropping a thick piece of rebar into it so it would stick up 3-4". I'd love to see when the plow guy hit it.

But you know what? Fuck that. I moved back to North Carolina.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Let me know about May through October
Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply