Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HVP wrote:
Hmmm?

ggeiger wrote:
I was simply answering a question as to the design of the suit. If you would care to read my post on this last question, there was no opinion whatsoever given,..

ggeiger wrote:
X2 on the Spider from Kiwami. Best suit I've ever used.,..

No opinion; TRUTH.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very limited experience here and admittedly no direct comparison.

I've got a HUUB DS long course trisuit. Only used it for training rides so far, preparing for two 70.3s, so no experience > 50-60 miles. Overall very happy. The cooling properties of the fabric are crazy. First time I tried it was an indoor training ride and I had to change because I was getting too cold. This could be great in Costa Rica and a July tri here in the US Midwest. Wish the zipper went lower for going potty. The chamois is positioned very differently than anything else I've tried, and it's PERFECT for the tri position and completely invisible when running. Agree with a comment upthread about the gel pockets being a bit hard to get to. On the plus side, they're very well tucked away so no aero or hydro penalty. I have had a problem with the thighs creeping up and the fabric bunching between the junk and thighs - but I'm having this problem with all tri shorts at this time so probably not a problem specific to this suit.

No experience with Castelli tri suits. There were a bunch on clearance when I bought my HUUB, but I've had such bad experience with Castelli kit in the past that I wasn't willing to go there even for $100 less. All the Castelli stuff I've tried was wonderful for a very short while, then started falling apart prematurely. I can't afford to replace kit that wears out in less than one season, so Castelli is off my list until further notice.

Might want to look at DeSoto. They have a sleeved tri suit that looks pretty good, and does have a full length zipper if that's an issue for you.
Last edited by: alathIN: May 20, 17 5:51
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks ChrisT - it sounds like the Castelli is what I'm looking for. You are right the Desoto is a heavier material, and I've got some warmer races coming up.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I'd use a Torhans VR frame bottle cut out to hold the iPhone. Much safer for you, the phone, and your wallet.

Not a bad idea, I'll look into that.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattyboy wrote:
ggeiger wrote:

I'd use a Torhans VR frame bottle cut out to hold the iPhone. Much safer for you, the phone, and your wallet.

Not a bad idea, I'll look into that.

I use it for my flat kit, but I would think it would be a great place for your phone, and safer. As I don't use my phone for any metrics while riding, I bought a "burner" in case I crash. Only $35 instead of $700.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Yep if it's going to be hot I would do the Castelli. By the way I use the black one in Boulder in August. Not sure what colors they have this year but I've heard the white is more see-through
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the Castelli in a non-wetsuit legal swim? Suit alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli trisuit vs HUUB trisuit [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone care to share experience with sizing for the Castelli sleeved suit? I'm looking for my abacus to convert the Euro sizing (the only size chart I can find online...). I'm 6', 179 pounds. I am normally a Large in most stuff, including my Desoto suit. I want it snug but I'm not fussed if there is a wrinkle or two, I'm just an MOP guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought last years Castelli and got a Medium, thinking it would be perfect on my 5-11, 173lb frame. Way big, had to go with a small. I liked the suit so much I thought I'd get another in this years Yellow, ordered a Small again and I could barely get a leg into it! Had to go back to a Medium. I remember the tags saying they were made in 2 different countries so that could have been the reason. Who knows.

Thus, I'd recommend a Large if it a 2017 model.
Quote Reply

Prev Next