Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with Improving my Guru Bike Fit and Selection of a new Tri-Bike
Quote | Reply
I'm a 33 year old male racing half and full distance Ironmans (5:26 and 5:17 at IMWI). In mid 2016 I went and had a GURU Dynamic Fit done at a local LBS. Since last June I have been riding and racing on my Scott Plasma 10 with that fit and am pretty happy with the results. I'm now considering upgrading bikes and wanted to evaluate whether there was any opportunities to improve my current fit or better understand which bikes may be an option for me if I buy a new one. I've tried deciphering the fitter tables but seem to get lost pretty quickly as I'm new to this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My fit sheet is included.

1. Are there any glaring abnormalities with my fit dimensions on paper?
2. Is there any low hanging fruit or areas to improve my position even further?
3. What bikes/sizes/setups would be worth considering? (My LBS is a Specialized dealer and so I've been looking at the Shiv.)
4. Other advice?
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Improving my Guru Bike Fit and Selection of a new Tri-Bike [robinson3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would like to see a picture. or a video. however there is nothing abnormal about the position, just looking at the numbers. based only on the numbers your fitter looks like he did a pretty good job!

your pad x/y is 622mm x 484mm to pad center. you could fit a lot of bikes. you're a size M speed concept, medium-far stem, either a 15mm or a 25mm pedestal. what are you, about 5'10"? 5'11"?

you could fit a shiv, but you don't need a shiv. it's easy to prescribe pretty much any config of any bike you want.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Help with Improving my Guru Bike Fit and Selection of a new Tri-Bike [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman- Thank you for the quick feedback. I'm 5'11" and @155lbs. Attached is a picture from my IMWI race.
Quote Reply