Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New National Security Advisor
Quote | Reply
Pres Tump just announced that LtGen H.R. McMaster will be the new National Security Advisor.

I'm not that familiar with the General, but he seems like a credible choice.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Feb 20, 17 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: New NSA [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He appears to be intelligent, competent, accomplished, credible, sane, and most importantly, not a Russophile. I'm a little confused why Trump chose him.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: New National Security Advisor [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think people assumed NSA was National Security Advisor and not No Strings Attached coming from you. ;)

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I've read on various forums, Gen McMaster is a highly respected individual. He's a cerebral guy with a Ph.D who should do well, I think.

Quote | Reply
A little too much cav experience for my liking but time will tell.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I've read today he is described as a guy noted for challenging authority. So you've got to be pulling for the guy considering who is the prez.
Quote Reply
Re: New National Security Advisor [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I hope the bureaucracy doesn't torpedo him to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine. We taught military history together at West Point and our family's lived next door in Post housing. Good guy. Damn good officer. Took more than his fair share from my Copenhagen stash. Don't know how he'll do in this job but I wish him success

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: New National Security Advisor [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
A friend of mine. We taught military history together at West Point and our family's lived next door in Post housing. Good guy. Damn good officer. Took more than his fair share from my Copenhagen stash. Don't know how he'll do in this job but I wish him success

/r

I've heard good things about him after I looked into his career after his move to the maneuver center. My only concern was stated above as boots and Stetsons on hallowed Sand Hill/ Harmony Church gives me nightmares. Oh and 19Ds

Seriously though I hope he does a great job.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply