Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dear Donald
Quote | Reply
Dear Donald,

I know this presidency thing is hard. So many important people to meet, decision to make, products to flog. Wouldn't it be great if there was an instruction manual on how to be President? Wait a second... There is something you may want to take look at. I know its a bit longer than 140 characters but please make the effort to read it anyways. Its called the Constitution.

Even though it offers virtually no guidance on how to boost your Nielsen Ratings, it does offer some nuggets of wisdom that the previous 44 presidents found useful. There is even a part referred to as a "Bill of Rights" that offers some very relevant help in short, digestible paragraphs. Based on your recent actions and behaviors, it seems like you're not all that familiar with it. It was tacked on to the Constitution a year after the original, so you may have missed it if you're using the original 1787 copy without the first 10 amendments.

Now, if reading all 10 amendments is a little too daunting, at least scan the first one. Its got a well written nugget stating, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Now I know you're not Congress, and this requirement highly inconvenient, but before you start trending a new topic ( #FakeConstitution ) consider how history will remember you. We are all hoping you are trying to be a great leader, and not the "Dear Leader" whose tactics you increasingly use.

Sincerely,
All Those Who Hold Liberty Dear.

P.S. Please check out the poem below. There is no exclusion clause for Muslims from countries you don't like.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!â€

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Wasn't even going to dignify the OP with a response, but since you did, I'm in agreement with you.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Dear Donald,

I know this presidency thing is hard. So many important people to meet, decision to make, products to flog. Wouldn't it be great if there was an instruction manual on how to be President? Wait a second... There is something you may want to take look at. I know its a bit longer than 140 characters but please make the effort to read it anyways. Its called the Constitution.

Even though it offers virtually no guidance on how to boost your Nielsen Ratings, it does offer some nuggets of wisdom that the previous 44 presidents found useful. There is even a part referred to as a "Bill of Rights" that offers some very relevant help in short, digestible paragraphs. Based on your recent actions and behaviors, it seems like you're not all that familiar with it. It was tacked on to the Constitution a year after the original, so you may have missed it if you're using the original 1787 copy without the first 10 amendments.

Now, if reading all 10 amendments is a little too daunting, at least scan the first one. Its got a well written nugget stating, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Now I know you're not Congress, and this requirement highly inconvenient, but before you start trending a new topic ( #FakeConstitution ) consider how history will remember you. We are all hoping you are trying to be a great leader, and not the "Dear Leader" whose tactics you increasingly use.

Sincerely,
All Those Who Hold Liberty Dear.

P.S. Please check out the poem below. There is no exclusion clause for Muslims from countries you don't like.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!â€
That poem was made to raise funds to pay for the base of the statue of liberty. It has absolutly nothing to do with the statue or what it stands for.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"That poem was made to raise funds to pay for the base of the statue of liberty. It has absolutly nothing to do with the statue or what it stands for."

as to this statue, and the new colossus, you're right, neither this poem nor that statue began their lives as welcoming beacons for immigrants. but emma lazarus was keenly aware and involved in welcoming jews who were exiled by pograms from their home countries. this (stanza from this) poem and the statue took on a new meaning when joined and they have become an integral part of america's ethic and culture.

the star spangled banner did not become our national anthem until more than 100 years after it was written by francis scott key. that it was not conceived originally as our national anthem doesn't lessen its stature. at least not for me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if he will share a story about when his pussy was grabbed.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

She's the best. Whatever Trump does, at least we can all agree that a trump giving us her was a tremendous blessing.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xe? I don't know now. I assumed it was a woman.

I am worse than Hitler aren't I?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"She" does grow on you though.
Quote Reply
Re: Dear Donald [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

She's the best. Whatever Trump does, at least we can all agree that a trump giving us her was a tremendous blessing.

agreed
Quote Reply