Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TUE doesn't apply to transgender [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
chxddstri wrote:
I must be getting early signs of dementia, because I'm confused.

Kinda knew this kind of thing was coming down the pike as soon as the transgender thing picked up steam.

My opinion? kid can't wrestle. life's a bitch. get used to it.

I'm an old fart that thinks life isn't that complicated.

Yeah, the problem is with the kid.

(Did I need the pink?)

I understand where you're coming from. I really do.

guess what. I kinda sorta feel like I should have been born a fish. I'm thinking of having my feet surgically webbed. Nice side effect is that I swim faster. Should I be allowed to qualify for Kona?

Silly, I know. But this situation is a slippery slope. I stand by my original post. Kid can't wrestle. Although if she's a boy, feels like a boy, identifies as a boy, then wrestle the boys. If that is not an option, than don't wrestle. don't wrestle girls because that's the only option. Just don't wrestle. Is not wrestling a life threatening condition? Lots of other things in life to get into a tizzy over.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Last edited by: chxddstri: Feb 20, 17 15:49
Quote Reply
Re: TUE doesn't apply to transgender [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, about lots of other things in life to get excited about, but that sounds kind of ironic in a triathlon forum where we have endless discussions about saddle heights and all sorts of other things 99 percent of the population couldn't care less about. But here we are.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: TUE doesn't apply to transgender [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you really don't get where I am coming from....you still feel the problem is the kid...so let's come up with even more extreme examples so that we can feel better about preventing a kid from wrestling, when the problem is clearly with the state athletic association.

Just let him wrestle the boys...which he wants to do. But of course then all those boys parents are gonna whine about having to touch an icky transgender person.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
Yeah, you really don't get where I am coming from....you still feel the problem is the kid...so let's come up with even more extreme examples so that we can feel better about preventing a kid from wrestling, when the problem is clearly with the state athletic association.

Just let him wrestle the boys...which he wants to do. But of course then all those boys parents are gonna whine about having to touch an icky transgender person.

Try this perspective. The child, and most definitely the child's parents should have known better than to have him/her wrestle with girls. That is the problem I have. So yes, the child and the child's parents are the problem.

They want to wrestle. Fine. But how far does the athletic association have to go to satisfy the WANTS (not needs ) of a small percentage of athletes?

As far as boys not wanting to touch an icky transgender person...that's their problem. If they don't like it, tough.

In closing, I agree that the athletic association should allow her/him to wrestle boys. They are a problem for not allowing this.

But at present time, that isn't possible, and the child decided to wrestle girls...which I think is wrong...until they can wrestle boys, don't wrestle.

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: TUE doesn't apply to transgender [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drop title 9. Have one sport team the best person is varsity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if a boy decides to wrestle in the girls division. Do you fell the same about it ? If so why not just have a single team, the best person is varsity

Power13 wrote:
len wrote:
Would you rather ask girls to wrestle someone who is much more bulked up than they are in what is essentially a contact sport? So yes I would exclude him from wrestling. Until his jurisdiction changes the rules he can sit out wrestling.

Yeah, let's ban the kid first and worry about changing the dumb rules second. No reason to petition the athletic org to do the sensible thing and let him wrestle boys.

The problem here is with the high school association, not the kid.

And if it was my daughter who had to wrestle him, I'd tell her to go out there and do her best. YMMV.
Quote Reply

Prev Next