Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by UOTriathlete
Last edited by: UOTriathlete: Feb 19, 17 16:49
Re: Trying to make race reports a bit more reader friendly [UOTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, a big wall of text isn't pleasing/easy to read but your post with a bunch of irrelevant pictures doesn't have much credibility - it's hard to take it at all serious. I would include more photos of your own or at least tone down the other photos.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to make race reports a bit more reader friendly [tylerwal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your writing is fine, you don't need to cheapen it with the gimmicks.

Just break it down into chunk-sized paragraphs that deal with the specific segments of the race and all will be well.

Descriptive and engaging writing to a genuinely interested audience is where it is at.

Those who wanna read - will read - for those who don't - there's always Instagram.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to make race reports a bit more reader friendly [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
Your writing is fine, you don't need to cheapen it with the gimmicks.

Just break it down into chunk-sized paragraphs that deal with the specific segments of the race and all will be well.

Descriptive and engaging writing to a genuinely interested audience is where it is at.

Those who wanna read - will read - for those who don't - there's always Instagram.

^+1
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to make race reports a bit more reader friendly [UOTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I can appreciate the effort to do something different, I found it far too distracting to be able to read.... I did not even bother...
Caveat - I am in my 50s. It may appeal to a younger crowd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UOTriathlete wrote:
Hi all. Over the last year and the start of this one I have tried to make my race reports a bit more reader friendly. Maybe because I'm a dopey, cellphone addict, lazy bum of a millennial but I find wall of text reports a bit heavy on the eyes. Not that the writing is poor but it is often a bit... much? I have instead been writing some over the last year and now my first one of 2017 with a bit more of a nonsensical internet twist.

Race Report

I'd like to hear what the community here thinks. What should I improve on?

i usually read a race report to find out about a course or about the strategy someone might have used on the course.

your report doesnt really gove me any of that easily. It also seems like there is a lot of stuff that is not relevant and stops being funny. Too much of a good thing is not a better thing.

suggestions....make the race report about the race. if you feel inclined to spice it up a bit then you are on the right track but you are over doing it.
Quote Reply