Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to eat?
Quote | Reply
Wondering what other people eat when the training starts in earnest and you burn enough calories to power a small building. I'm definitely not oppose to having some "desecration" now and again (that's why I'm losing now) but I'm often finding myself falling behind on calories and struggling to keep up and I've just started preparing for IMMT. Any suggestions?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: What to eat? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whole-milk yoghurt.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
food
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat handfuls of almonds, cashews, walnuts and a variety of seeds. Oh, and spoonfuls of almond butter.

Are you fueling during your workouts? If youre not fueling fully, then you might be trying to make up for calories during the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything that begins with 'F' and ends with 'ood'.

You can eat healthy or you can just eat. My preference is to eat mostly healthy stuff that I prepare rather than pre-packed and bagged stuff. Doesn't take much organising once you get into it, you just need to think a bit more ahead.

But it really is not that difficult as long as you don't overthink it and just eat!

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since August I've been averaging 20+ hours of training/week, and I eat ALL day long. I literally have snacks right before bed (ice cream and peanut butter on Eggo waffles) and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and eat a Cliff bar or something like that too. I know eating in the middle of the night is a sign you're behind on calories but I'd rather be on that end of things than be over and gaining weight. As long as you're maintaining your weight I'd say it's all good. If you're falling behind on calories then eat some things you normally wouldn't be able to if you weren't training and enjoy the fact that you can, and that you need it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wild Turkey and ice works really well at the end (or close to the end :)) of the day to replace the calories. Also makes all the pains go away.
Quote Reply