Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb Randee - your opinion/experience
Quote | Reply
After some trouble with my bag, I have raised my position a bit on my BMC TM01 triathlonbike - after the change I get a bit of chaffing from my Bontrager Hilo.

Therefore I have tested the Cobb JOF 55. It was a great saddle, but my Bontrager was just a bit more comfortable.

I am waiting for a Cobb Randee test saddle from my bikefitter, but meanwhile I just wanted to hear your opinion on the Randee. The internet isn´t really flooding with reviews about the Cobb Randee.

So hit me - what is your opinion/experience about the Randee - likes and dislikes.

Thanks

Best regards
Martin Lohse
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb Randee - your opinion/experience [MartinLohse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride this for now. I like the shape and length of the saddle especially especially since I'm not a nose of the saddle rider. The saddle itself is pretty comfy, all day comfy. My problem is it's a bit too wide for me.

I can ride way back on it all day with some inner thigh irritation or I can slide up on it a bit and then it irritates elsewhere after a bit due to width.

YMMV

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan. I think it's an especially good saddle for someone who needs a hybrid road/tri saddle, as I do, since I have a dual-position Redshift seatpost on my road bike. For pure tri, I find the 55 just a tad too wide and the Randee just a tad too narrow, but both are viable options. The other nice thing with Cobb is the demo period, so you can demo one or more saddles and return whatever you don't like for a full refund.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got both a JOF 55 and a Randee on different try bikes. Right now I'm favoring the Randee because it's a little narrower up front, allowing me to get a bit more of the saddle under me when climbing, and the padding is a little more forgiving.

Either one is a fine saddle.

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the JOF 55 and the Randee and have used each of them on my tri bike with much success, though I generally keep the 55 on my Tri bike and Randee on my road bike. It's definitely worth trying out given their generous return policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Denmark and have no return policy (way to expensive sending overseas)
My bikefitter has a demoprogram.

I am so happy with your replies, because for now, it doesnt seems like the rander is an option in European shops - a fee has cobb product - we have a lot of shops with ISM.
Especially happy with your feedback about it in tri position - i am not a typically nose rider - I find it uncomftable.

Comfortable = speed, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on a randee for a couple of years now. I love it. You can move forward or backward on this thing and it's all comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your Bontrager Hilo the kind with the adjustable nose? If not, and you're comfortable on it most of the time, why not give the adjustable one a try?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using it on my TT bike and have been for more than a year. It's my TT saddle of choice at the moment, I can sit on it in a very aero position with pelvis rotated forward for hours. It also enabled me to spend a bit of time on the bike post-hydrocelectomy.

It's got nice long rails for adjustability. With TT bikes having such steep angles it's hard for me to get a split-nose seat far enough back so I don't have all my weight on my arms. The Randee is fine in this regard though.

I really like it for TT, but I played with it as a road saddle and didn't like it as much. Although it's big, the only place it's really comfortable to sit on for extended periods in my opinion is the nose. Which is fine, the nose is well designed, just don't expect to be able to sit on the back part like a regular road saddle and be really comfortable. My road saddle of choice at the moment is Specialized Power, for comparison

The only other thing I don't like about it is that the leather cover is pretty slick, I was using some Fizik Grips Strips on it, but they simply would not stay on (they'll stick to most other saddles). Currently experimenting with rubbing on some sekur grip before each ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Cobb Fifty Five and Plus and both wouldn't work for my anatomy. The Fitfty Five was too wide and a tad too hard and the Plus was way too narrow. Finally a fitter put me on a Randee and haven't looked back. I'd say Randee being a tad narrower than Fifty Five yet having the Plus's cushion is what makes it work for me.
Quote Reply