Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Saucony... other? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Yeah, I saw that poll and figured you left out the ride and guide on purpose. Aren't they Saucony's two best selling shoes?

would have thought the kinvara was the best selling by a long long way?
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Yeah, I saw that poll and figured you left out the ride and guide on purpose. Aren't they Saucony's two best selling shoes?

+1 certainly in the UK they seem to be. Possibly behind the Kinvara, but that seems to be waning a bit in popularity these days.

Whilst we're on Saucony, what the deal with the "Runpops" range? Are they just colourful versions of their normal shoes? I looked at the website and it was completely devoid of any useful information.

I was on the brink of buying some, but just concerned they might be like the Asics Evo range (or whatever it's called) where they're designed as "lifestyle" shoes rather than for actual running.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunPop is just a color code.

The Ride and Guide are popular. Guide was their number one shoe for a bit. But it's been a Kinvara/Triumph kind of line-up for a while.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the poll asking about which shoes we predominately train in or race in? I use (almost exclusively Saucony) for both training and racing. I train in 1. Freedom, 2. Kinvara 3. Ride and race all my half and full distance races in the Fasttwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [robinson3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would surmise that it is looking for the Saucony model that you are putting the most mileage in.

I've traded in my Fastwitch days for long-course. I'd rather take the extra weight of the Freedom and the combo of plush ride and responsiveness that Everun gives me.

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peregrine
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunPop = same shoe but a bright color choice. Very bright in many instances.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run loads of Sauconies, they seem to work well for me. Good brand image too I think. I mostly run Mirages for easy days and long runs, but they have unfortunately discontinued that model... I bought a stack of them when I saw them on sale somewhere and now they should hold up for a while :)
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Reflex Series. I wish they would stop changing the models every 1-2 years though

Reflex is just a special make up for the season. Should be standard models with an option to order in the high reflectivity finish.

#GottaRun
http://twitter.com/runningmatters_
http://www.feileacanmor.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virrata...sadly discontinued
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [mikebo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mikebo wrote:
I run loads of Sauconies, they seem to work well for me. Good brand image too I think. I mostly run Mirages for easy days and long runs, but they have unfortunately discontinued that model... I bought a stack of them when I saw them on sale somewhere and now they should hold up for a while :)

Same here. Loved the Mirages. Bought 2 pairs after they were discontinued. Just threw out my last pair after a race yesterday (had been saving them and only racing in them the last year) and am now gonna have to find their equivalent.

ProGrid for longer, slower runs, although I've been mixing Hoka's (Bondi, Conquest) in for that and might be transitioning fully to those for long distance training runs. My old feet appreciate them, and ProGrid footbeds have been giving me blisters of late.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [Sconhome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I figured that out and a few posts down corrected it. However reflex is on the top of the tongue and hurricane in tiny black print on a black background on the part that sticks up behind the Achilles tendon. By the way these new hurricanes were cutting into the front of my ankle with that little elastic that holds the tongue in place. So I cut it out.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [jhsandchs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You were literally one of eight people who bought them.

I'm not kidding. They sold like whatever the opposite of hot cakes are.

Too close to the Kinvara for it to make sense in the product line.

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [McManusClan5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to look at the Freedom, although the ISOfit upper may give you fits if you really liked the Mirage 1/3 and hated the 2.

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
You may want to look at the Freedom, although the ISOfit upper may give you fits if you really liked the Mirage 1/3 and hated the 2.

Thanks! Good tip. I actually sint Saucony a question about the closest model to the Mirage but they have kept quiet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Technically, the Freedom is neutral. It doesn't feature the plastic footbridge the Mirage did, etc. But I find that the Everun material, when combined with the lasting, results in a pretty damn good replacement for the Mirage.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
you wouldn't choose "other" then, in the poll. both fastwitch and kinvara are poll options.

But you don't allow multiple selections in polls ...
Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would respond with the shoe you do the most running in. Which I would imagine would be Kinvara.

Quote Reply
Re: Saucony... other? [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sadly.....they don't make these anymore
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too, man! I love the Mirage and was super disappointed when I found out they were discontinued. I bought a whole pile of them to hopefully last me a few years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next