Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat Angle OK?
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of a cockpit and general update. As part of confirming all my bike fit dimensions, I discovered that my seat is angled down a few degrees. Being a newbie and all, I am curios if this is in a reasonably acceptable range. I am planning to post my overall fit critique video and measurements soon, but the seat angle seems like it could be an independent variable for consideration. For context, I have never felt totally comfortable on the saddle. I tend to shift frequently on multi-hour rides and never feel at home. Is this OK? Should I try leveling it? How does one fit the ideal seat angle? What are your thoughts?

Here is a picture for reference. I estimate is 2° to 3° down. (The bike is positioned on a level surface, and the forward ruler is about at the the high-point on the front end of the saddle.

Quote Reply
Re: Seat Angle OK? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Acceptable range is whatever keeps your junk from going numb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few degrees down or up is fine. Level is good too. Whatever feels good.

Is your saddle forward enough?
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Angle OK? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Is your saddle forward enough?
I honestly do not know. I will be posting all my bike dimensions and a video soon. The nose of my seat is 20mm behind the BB center line. My seat height is 750mm above the BB center line (measured in a straight line along the seat tube). My drop is 95mm, measured from the top of the seat to the resting area of my arm rests, with pads. My Pad X is 475mm from the BB center line to the back edge of the pads (pad-rear).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I am in the process of a cockpit and general update. As part of confirming all my bike fit dimensions, I discovered that my seat is angled down a few degrees. Being a newbie and all, I am curios if this is in a reasonably acceptable range. I am planning to post my overall fit critique video and measurements soon, but the seat angle seems like it could be an independent variable for consideration. For context, I have never felt totally comfortable on the saddle. I tend to shift frequently on multi-hour rides and never feel at home. Is this OK? Should I try leveling it? How does one fit the ideal seat angle? What are your thoughts?

Here is a picture for reference. I estimate is 2° to 3° down. (The bike is positioned on a level surface, and the forward ruler is about at the the high-point on the front end of the saddle.

It appears that your level is pretty much parallel to the whole region of the saddle that you would be sitting on so I'd measure it as ~ dead level. The part of the saddle that projects upward at the rear is extraneous and not to be considered. You can certainly experiment t with it a tiny bit more nose up or down from where it is.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't let the angle of the saddle rails and (as said) the ramp at the back of the saddle throw your eye off.

I know jack shit about bike fit but according to my report, mine is set at -4 degrees and visually it looks considerably more than yours. All I can say is when the fitter angled it down everything became a whole lot more comfortable all of a sudden.

Feels like I am falling off it when I sit up and ride but just feels right when in aero. No way could I ride the tri bike no hands, pretty sure I would slide off it (probably not but it feels like that).

WD :-)
Quote Reply