Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No batteries with the Etap Aero Kit???
Quote | Reply
So, I recently purchased a SRAM Etap aero kit from Ribble Cycles. I unboxed it the other day only to discover that no derailleur batteries were included. What am I missing? Aren't they supposed to come with the kit?
Quote Reply
Re: No batteries with the Etap Aero Kit??? [justtrime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the are supposed to come with the kit. Was everything packaged in the ridiculous, over the top, SRAM packaging, or were things just randomly packed by Ribble? Either way, Ribble should owe you some batteries.
Quote Reply
Re: No batteries with the Etap Aero Kit??? [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Packaging was otherwise beautiful. The red clips that should have been attached to the batts were in the space for the batteries but no batteries were there. So weird. But then I watched an unboxing on youtube and the guy's was the same. He didn't seem to notice on the video that no batts were there though. But then I watched the video by DC Rainmaker and there were batteries in his, so I didn't know what to make of it all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like Ribble opened up the kit and took the batteries out for some reason. Like I said, I think they owe you some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with BM, the batteries should have been in there. They were in my kit.
Quote Reply
Re: No batteries with the Etap Aero Kit??? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Batteries came with mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure they are not hidden in the packaging somewhere? This dawned on me this morning unpackaging a Zipp stem, and the top cap is hidden in a fold, along with a torx wrench.

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible that they were taken by customs or something? I keep seeing warnings that Li-ion batteries have to be shipped ground so if they were shipped air perhaps they were seized.
Quote Reply
Re: No batteries with the Etap Aero Kit??? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They removed the covers? They should come attached.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because of the wonky-ass way that SRAM has forced retailers to buy/sell eTAP in bundles they generally didn't want, you see a lot of retailers breaking apart bundles and making up things along the way.

Assuming you just didn't miss it in the packaging (seems unlikely), then I'd go with them having borrowed them for some other purpose/set/sale, and probably forgetting they took them out and needed to replace them.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply