Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap P1 issue and great customer service
Quote | Reply
My year old pedals ended up with a bum right pedal. It wasn't rotating as freely, and after not using them for a few weeks it was completely seized up, to the point of being able to unthread it from the crank from the pedal side (I.e., no need for an Allen wrench). Clearly a corrosion issue. Called PT and within seconds they said they'd ship a new pair out. Got them a couple of days later.

Btw, last set had somewhere between 8k and 10k miles on them, only saw the rain a couple of times, but likely saw plenty of sweat (Gulf Coast region, so plenty hot and humid).
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 issue and great customer service [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto this. Tuesday a week ago, my 22 month old right P1 pedal quit reading power after a battery change. Wednesday I spoke with Saris customer support, they did the over-the-phone diagnosis with me and told me to send them in for repair. The guy asked if I had a race coming up. I told him that I had one tomorrow. He said it was unlikely they would be done in time.

I shipped them Thursday a week ago, and they arrived at PT Monday AM. Yesterday, a new set of replacement pedals arrived. Freaking awesome service!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar service in Australia, red flashing light on right pedal. Sent it to a saris returns dealer and had a new pair a couple days later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am now onto my third pair of P1's. The product is great, until it stops working, which seems inevitable after 6-12 months. Clearly they have some significant work to do to make them long term reliable. Would love to see the statistics on P1 returns - I suggest it would be painfully high.

But to their credit good service when it goes wrong, I think PowerTap have been gettting a lot of practice from the P1 program in the fine art of replacing dodgy products.

Because I like the concept so much and can't live without a PM, I have now been forced to invest in a second pair of P1's just so I always have a backup and am not left stranded without a working PM when the inevitable failure occurs next.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 issue and great customer service [Chri G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with their great turn around. Had an issue where the master pedal stopped transmitting (the slave was still working as I found out via BT), they replace the set very quickly, and didn't ask for anything in collateral (very surprised with that). Overall happy with the pedals, but not happy at their perceived quality, as all pedals seem to fail at a certain point.
Quote Reply