Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weight Gain / Appetite Stimulants for Triathletes
Quote | Reply
Fellow Triathletes,

Has anyone had any particular successes with appetite stimulants for gaining weight? Overcoming an illness which caused precipitous weight loss and I'm trying to ramp back up my appetite. I've never been a big user of supplements but I'd value the feedback of those who have experiences or recommendations worth sharing to the group. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Gain / Appetite Stimulants for Triathletes [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do some bong hits-
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Gain / Appetite Stimulants for Triathletes [returntoglory23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
returntoglory23 wrote:
Fellow Triathletes,

Has anyone had any particular successes with appetite stimulants for gaining weight? Overcoming an illness which caused precipitous weight loss and I'm trying to ramp back up my appetite. I've never been a big user of supplements but I'd value the feedback of those who have experiences or recommendations worth sharing to the group. Thank you.

Move to Colorado?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go for a long swim. Works for me, I could eat everything that's not nailed down after I get out of the pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite a few years ago I had a pinched nerve in my back. For all practical purposes it paralyzed my left leg, mostly from the severe pain, some from a reduced ability to move the leg. The pain had me flat on my belly and back for the better part of five weeks until the doctor finally realized the idiot residents were just slowly killing me. Five days after a root sleeve block I was able to walk again, but only with a cane. Due to the inactivity and high levels of narcotics I was taking I dropped about 25 lbs., most of it off my left leg. The appetite suppressant effects of the narcotics lingered about a month. Still with being able to use the leg I started to gain weight back pretty quickly and at the end of two months had put about 10 lbs back on. The only supplement that I was using was Ultimate Muscle Protein from Beverly International. As far as I know it has no appetite stimulants in it, just good quality protein.

Since you didn't say what illness you had YMMV. If you had something like cancer or were on some real strong drugs it may be months until you appetite returns. Other than suggesting a higher fat diet since fat has 9 calories per gram vs 4 for carbs and protein, I don't have much more to offer you.
Quote Reply