Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Upgrade from Felt S22 2012 to what? long torso, short legs
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm on a budget, and I cannot dial a comfortable position on my Felt s22, 2012 model.

I changed the stem to a 1300 mm one, helped me stretched a bit, but I still suffer neck, shoulder and triceps pain.

I also had myself fitted professionally, I am definitely more comfortable, but not enough (where I did the fit, they only sell Scott bikes, and high end).

I'm looking for a good entry level bike (around the price of said Felt, if possible), suited for long torso, short legs (ex-swimmer), 1.75 mts tall (about 5'9", right?) and 77cm inseam (or 30 inches give or take).

Current bike is a 52, maybe I need a 54?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Felt S22 2012 to what? long torso, short legs [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No help, but certainly interested in the responses. I'm a little further along that path as I'm 5'11" and 30 inseam. I'm on an older Specialized Allez 56.5 and it actually fits pretty well (considering my limited knowledge of what "fits" at this point)
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Felt S22 2012 to what? long torso, short legs [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do I bump this thread? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am built just like you (5'9" and 30" inseam) and recently came of a Felt B12. I was on a 54 and I was running a Zipp 105/-25 stem to get where I needed to be but the position was comfortable and powerful. I also had fairly long extensions.

Re: Upgrade from Felt S22 2012 to what? long torso, short legs [JustinNorCal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I will look into it! I will have myself re-fitted in May, to get my stack and reach and look for bikes like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m 5’10” with a 30” inseam. Not many of the current frames work but the the Felt DA series has worked for me. I’m on a 56.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you just want long, the shiv TT or nosecone would probably work because the only difference from the S to XL is the length of the top tube. A used one would probably run 1500$
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if you posted your pad x/y (or any measurements from your bike fit) you'd have better luck with replies?
Quote Reply
Re: Upgrade from Felt S22 2012 to what? long torso, short legs [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tickyboy wrote:
I think if you posted your pad x/y (or any measurements from your bike fit) you'd have better luck with replies?

Absolutely, once I get my fit, I will post again. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not much help on a replacement bike. But, I have a similar build. Albeit much worse. I'm 6'1" with a 30-31" inseam.

I have a 2010 Trek Speed Concept 7.0 that I'm putting a little longer stem on. In its current fit, it isn't bad and works. But, the bars are too narrow (I have very broad shoulders, with a 52" chest), and I'm just a little crunched on the length with a 58 frame.
Quote Reply