Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA-10 Build- Brakes?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if standard Ultegra brakes will work on the rear? Assuming the front is no issue....

DM

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA-10 Build- Brakes? [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the IAxx frames have Shimano standard direct-mount posts in back.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA-10 Build- Brakes? [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IA10 comes stock with Ultegra direct mount brake in the rear. I don't think the standard one with 1 bolt will work.

Front is a normal brake. The IA10 comes with a Vision Trimax TT, buit I swapped mine for a Tri rig Omega X
Last edited by: j.shanney: Feb 17, 17 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA-10 Build- Brakes? [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the bars on that bike? Did you go with the stock brakes?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA-10 Build- Brakes? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the bars. I don't have a lot to compare it too though since it is my first tri bike.

I still use the stock rear brake. My only complaint is that there is no quick release to open them up so if I have a flat I have to remember to reinstall the wheel before fully inflating the tire. I've thought about putting an Inline quick release but never got around to it.

The stock front brake worked good too. I swapped the front brake for the tririg after doing some aero testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Omega X on back was best decision ever. Switching wheels and dialing in brakes, so easy.

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Build should have included an inline barrel adjuster that sits where the cable leaves the basebar, just before it goes into the stem. It's a tight fit, but that allows the brakes to open wide enough.
Mine came with direct mount Ultegra rear (standard if you consider direct mount standard)
Quote Reply