Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control
Quote | Reply
Guns are not generally around growing up in canada, so I guess the general populace never learns how they work?!?

or most likely this guy is an Idiot and chances are its not the last time he makes the news for an injury.. I found it pretty funny and had to share..

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/...hawa_n_14775612.html

Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just another day in the Schwa.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

lol, good point.... for our american friends the reference would be (I think) if the dude was from somewhere Florida
Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [macbain_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pulling bullets isn't hard, but is sort of done a specific, safe way with a kinetic puller.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or you could just say that there is a large portion of Oshawa that says "Hold my beer and watch this!!" on a daily basis.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
macbain_tri wrote:
BLeP wrote:

lol, good point.... for our american friends the reference would be (I think) if the dude was from somewhere Florida

Hey, hey, hey, hey!!! I think you mean backwoods Georgia, Tennessee, or Kentucky. Maybe a place like Cutoff, Louisiana.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It just occurred to me you guys might not know what a kinetic bullet puller it. Well, it is basically a hollow hammer with a cavity in one side. That cavity has a collet that secures a cartridge when tightened. You then hammer the thing on a sold surface and the bullet eventually pops out.

http://www.cabelas.com/...rvQDxg&gclsrc=ds

Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
It just occurred to me you guys might not know what a kinetic bullet puller it. Well, it is basically a hollow hammer with a cavity in one side. That cavity has a collet that secures a cartridge when tightened. You then hammer the thing on a sold surface and the bullet eventually pops out.

http://www.cabelas.com/...rvQDxg&gclsrc=ds

Thanks TheForge! I can now make my bullet themed accessories safely...

See my subject title is pretty true, I never would have even thought you can take bullets apart! Though makes sense you can once I looked at the cabelas link and think a bit.

ok I laugh now BUT.... have to admit as an impressionable young lad I did for a bit sport a bullet keychain accessary THAT hid a pair of roach clips in it, lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The real reason you use it is in case you suspect an over charge, light powder charge, or no charge in a cartridge you made. All of these scenarios are dangerous and costly if you make a batch, so it allows you to start over. Also, some older surplus ammo had corrosive primers that could pit or degrade the chamber and rifling if not cleaned immediately after use with something like wyndex or soap water, so people would remove the bullets and reuse them in new cases with new primers. Finally the other use would be people could buy odd calibers cheap online. As in cheaper than the projectiles and simply pull the bullets and use them. I've never been desperate enough to utilize old ammo components, but I have suspected or realized inproper charges and use my puller to double check. One squib load is one to many for me, and I've never had one since my first batch of reloads 8 years ago.

But I've made a keychain or two ;).

Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The real reason you use it is in case you suspect an over charge, light powder charge, or no charge in a cartridge you made.

What about a bad primer? I've got one round (7mm-08) that I've tried to fire 6-7 times with no luck.

Any suggestions, other than throwing it in the campfire after the bottle's gone round a few times?
Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it bothers you that much get a puller. Most ranges have cans for you to put round like that in, but if they don't bury it about 6 inches under. I don't like keeping bad primer bullets around. Never know when it may go.

As for throwing in the fire. I've done some really stupid stuff drunk, but not anything like that. That load also has some significant case capacity, could blow up like a grenade and send shrapnel in multiple directions.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you believe this story? How is a bullet going to have any momentum when it ignites outside of a guns chamber? I thought conventional thinking and I think tested by mythbusters that exploding bullets are not dangerous as there is nothing containing their force to push a bullet out a barrel. Yes they can do a little damage, and he case causes more damage than the bullet.
Quote Reply
Re: Here is an Unfortunate result of Canadian Gun control [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Because you are right, a bullet doesn't shoot out like a bullet without a chamber and barrel. I mean if the chamber isn't locked and secured or head spaced correctly, you get case separation before the bullet blows. Below are some pictures. Without the stabilization of a chamber, the best you get an expanded in all directions case with the bullet blowing like a bottle top in some random direction at nowhere near the velocity it would take to be fatal or cause significant trauma to a thigh.

Here is what I think. The guy was messing with an illegal gun, or made a zip gun and hurt himself. Now, he is creating some weird story. Now with that said, he mentioned a vice, and you can make a deadly projectile with that. Where you secure a rifle bullet in a vice and hit the primer with a pin. But this assumes the pressure is high enough to launch the bullet before it excessive bulging in unsecured points or a primer blowing out the back.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I should just pick up a collet puller for my press. I've been delaying; there's something about a dimpled primer that makes me more nervous than a live round. I know that's probably not rational.

And don't worry; I was just kidding about the campfire.
Quote Reply