Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yes, things are this bad.
Quote | Reply

"A registered sex offender, 48-year-old Mark Charles Barnett offered an unnamed affiliate $10,000 to place 10 operational homemade explosives in 10 Target stores in Florida, Virginia, and New York, the complaint alleges. The explosives, which were capable of causing "serious injury and death to nearby persons," were expected to be placed on shelves while disguised as food products."

But why you ask? What could possibly be his motive? Did Target fire him? Refuse a refund? Why would he do this horrible thing?

"Once the boxes had detonated inside of Target stores, Barnett theorized that the company's stock value would plunge allowing him to acquire shares cheaply before an eventual rebound," the complaint read.

http://fortune.com/...-stock-bomb-florida/

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like a rather selfish thing to do eh

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barnett is also on probation for kidnapping, multiple counts of sexual battery with a weapon or force, and grand theft.

I read an article last night that talked about a guy who killed his ex-wife 20 years ago. He married a woman who had two kids, and then had two of their own. He killed her first two kids in front of her, shot her, and then used car fumes to kill his own.

At some point society needs to decide that there are people who should never, ever be among the general population. This guy sounds like one of them. If you kidnap someone and commit sexual battery - you should never see the outside of prison again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seems like theres better ways to go about making that happen that don't invlove killing and maiming people. what an asshole.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say build a new gladiator coliseum. Pit them against each other. Would provide a good revenue stream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
outside the box thinking right there!!
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Barnett is also on probation for kidnapping, multiple counts of sexual battery with a weapon or force, and grand theft.

I read an article last night that talked about a guy who killed his ex-wife 20 years ago. He married a woman who had two kids, and then had two of their own. He killed her first two kids in front of her, shot her, and then used car fumes to kill his own.

At some point society needs to decide that there are people who should never, ever be among the general population. This guy sounds like one of them. If you kidnap someone and commit sexual battery - you should never see the outside of prison again.

I feel that all convicted sexual offenders should be locked up forever. I don't know why this point is even debated.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel that all convicted sexual offenders should be locked up forever. I don't know why this point is even debated.

It costs a lot to keep people in prison for life so the Coliseum idea is something I would debate.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you mean it was a very shelf-ish thing to do...
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It costs a lot to keep people in prison for life so the Coliseum idea is something I would debate.

The Coliseum idea is better than life in prison. I won't debate that.

Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [mlawless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That made my day That was very good. By the way oysters don't share because they are shellfish.
mlawless wrote:
I think you mean it was a very shelf-ish thing to do...

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Last edited by: len: Feb 17, 17 14:01
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
I say build a new gladiator coliseum. Pit them against each other. Would provide a good revenue stream.

I support the idea, but I'd like to see UFC rules. A fight to the death is more than I think most people want to see.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
champy wrote:

I support the idea, but I'd like to see UFC rules. A fight to the death is more than I think most people want to see.

And then take them out back away from the publics eyes, where the lions are waiting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://cholke.com/text7.html

Guy in Chicago (Junebug Hendricks) had this as part of his platform
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

And yet a bullet is only $1... hmmm...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
Perseus wrote:
champy wrote:

And then take them out back away from the publics eyes, where the lions are waiting.

Yeah, I though it was a given we'd never see the looser again. Maybe a three strikes and you're dead sort of thing. We could say you've earned your freedom after winning ten fights. By freedom I mean we're told you were set free but you meet the lions. Win, Win all around.
Quote Reply
Re: Yes, things are this bad. [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lions have to eat don't they? Shirley nobody want lions to starve. That's mean.
Quote Reply