Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will
Quote | Reply
The weekends in Mar el Lago get the same degree of scrutiny?

This weekend SS details in UAE with his sons, taking the Don et al to Palm Beach and staying in NY for the wife..........

I'm guessing he gets a pass here. Draining the swamp one weekend at a time
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't have a problem with BO doing it and I don't have a problem with this jackass doing it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend SS details in UAE with his sons, taking the Don et al to Palm Beach and staying in NY for the wife..........

I legitimately don't have a problem with that. You think his family should be forced to remain together in a single location for the duration of his presidency?

As for Mar-a-Lago, you might not have heard, but it's the winter White House now. There are even pictures proving how much work Trump is doing for the American people there . . .

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course i dont but for all the pissing and moaning there was about obama, vacations, golf etc i just thought the same outraged clowns might be concerned about the hemorraging of cash on trump llc business..........

E.g. his kids are un UAE opening a hotel and golf resort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I don't expect my president from any party to sit in the oval office 24/7 in a suit and tie. Even if they are on the golf course or in a country club, they are working and responsible for their duties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Of course i dont but for all the pissing and moaning there was about obama, vacations, golf etc i just thought the same outraged clowns might be concerned about the hemorraging of cash on trump llc business..........

So you don't care, but you are making it a point because other people cared. And those other people cared because nobody cared when those nobodies had clearly cared before. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

I wonder how we could ever break this chain of futility?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I'm guessing he gets a pass here.

Has Trump gotten a pass, yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He played golf with the Prime Minister of Japan. It was business. I wonder if he will charge the White House for his greens fees. (He played at a club that he owns.)

I have it from eyewitness reports that Trump's golf game was not up to the standards he brags about and that at least on one hole he was beat by his playing partner.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

From you? Probably.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
I'm guessing he gets a pass here.

from the people who bitched about obama? absolutely. thats the point of the thread. obviously you missed that.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
Yeah, I don't expect my president from any party to sit in the oval office 24/7 in a suit and tie. Even if they are on the golf course or in a country club, they are working and responsible for their duties.

Nixon had "alt White Houses" in San Clemente and Key Biscayne

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember reading a book from Bill O'Reilly ( I know, I know...) but one thing he mentioned was that he never criticized a president for going on vacation or doing something recreational because the truth is presidents don't get vacations. They don't work 9-5, its a 24-7 job. They are working wherever they are or getting briefed on something.

I actually appreciate them taking time off, yes you're the president, but your also a husband and father.
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually appreciate them taking time off, yes you're the president, but your also a husband and father.

The problem is people often attacked Obama for doing just that and before that, they criticized Bush for his time on the ranch.

Of course this is nothing new, it's happened with every President. There are always people criticizing "the other" President when he takes time off while the country is going up in smoke but when "their President" does the exact same thing, it's because he is actually working or getting deals done or spending time with his family (think of the children !!!) because he works so hard.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 17, 17 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its also vitlrtually impossible to consistently make good decisions without breaks. the more decisions you make in a day, not just big decisions, but EVERY decision has a cumulitive taxing effect. it clouds your judgemebt and makes the decision making process harder.

honestly, presidents should probably make more free time.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its also vitlrtually impossible to consistently make good decisions without breaks. the more decisions you make in a day, not just big decisions, but EVERY decision has a cumulitive taxing effect. it clouds your judgemebt and makes the decision making process harder.

honestly, presidents should probably make more free time.

Based on the press conference yesterday, Trump should stay off twitter and spend 3-4 days golfing at his winter home with his family. I think his administration would be far better off without him around talking to the press and creating problems for them to clean up.

Quote Reply
Re: After all the pissing and moaning about Obama's golf will [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I remember reading a book from Bill O'Reilly ( I know, I know...) but one thing he mentioned was that he never criticized a president for going on vacation or doing something recreational because the truth is presidents don't get vacations. They don't work 9-5, its a 24-7 job. They are working wherever they are or getting briefed on something.

I agree with that. I got the same sentiment from reading Bob Woodward's books about Bush. That said, I have two concerns with the current situation.

Some of the money being spent to protect Trump and his family is going to Trump. Space apparently is going to be rented at Trump Tower for the Secret Service and DoD. That could be a non-trivial amount of money. All going into his business. I know that the Secret Service rented space at Biden's Delaware home for $2,000 a month, but a floor at the Trump Tower goes for $1.5 million a year. However much space they need, it's going to cost a LOT more than $24,000 a year.

I don't know if this is unusual, but the stories I've read are also pointing out that local authorities are getting stuck with very large bills for security. From this story: http://www.businessinsider.com/...ecret-service-2017-2

• Palm Beach County officials say they will request reimbursement of tens of thousands of dollars per day from the White House for their deputies who provided security and logistical support around the city.
  • Police officials estimate that it would cost New York $500,000 a day, or $183 million a year, to guard Trump Tower, where first lady Melania Trump and son Barron Trump live.
  • If the Pentagon secures rental space in Trump Tower — needed for when the president returns to New York — it could cost $1.5 million per year, according to the building's website.

And from this article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.46a570fc573c

In November, when Trump spent a weekend at his Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J., the 8,000-resident township received just 48 hours’ notice demanding an all-hours security detail of six police officers from its 16-officer force.
Township officials have begun preparing for the possibility that Trump will make up to 10 visits this year, including a potentially extended summer stay for the first lady. Officials there offered a projection, based on seven Trump trips, that could cost the township more than $300,000.
“Bedminster is a small municipality with a small police force and a small budget,” Mayor Steven E. Parker (R) wrote in a letter asking for federal help in recouping security costs. “We want to welcome President Trump with open arms, but we don’t wish to burden our taxpayers disproportionately for these visits.”
---
I'm also not real thrilled by the amounts being spent to protect his kids while they travel to make money for Trump. On one hand, it's not reasonable to not protect them or make them not travel. But it is unseemly to spend probably millions of dollars for their protection so that they can essentially make money for the Trump family. Which of course includes the president.
His situation is unprecedented of course, but I can't imagine Rush Limbaugh's head not exploding if hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars were spent protecting the Obama girls or Chelsea Clinton to make business deals that benefited their father.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply