Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Opiod Epedemic [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Had a friend tell me the pills go for like $20 on the street, so I guess I'm sitting on a couple grand worth of Oxy.
I have a bunch of it in my closet. A friend told me the same thing. Said a guy will show up, take them and give you cash. I told him that didn't work for me for a number of reasons with #1 being I couldn't live with myself thinking some kid is probably buying them off him.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Opiod Epidemic [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Legal here in Maine now, although they are still dicking around with the regulations to allow its sale so they've delayed that by a year or 18 months. So you can possess it and use it and grow it, but you can't sell it yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Opiod Epedemic [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erin C. wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
I hear you - was prescribed Oxy about 10 years ago post-surgery and followed the weaning instructions to a T; the first day off of it was like the worst hangover/flu bug combined as I was violently ill, shivering and sweating bullets. I think if I ever needed to have something like that prescribed again I'd ask/demand a non-opiod option

I hope you never have Cancer, surgery, chemo and radiation. Opioids saved my life. I could have never made it through without them. It's a shame the knee jerk reaction to the abuser is to make them harder to get. It is easy to see the law of unintended consequences is causing a heroin epidemic! Heroin on the street is cheaper than prescription opioids.

what is a shame is unscrupulous doctors prescribing opiods for conditions that don't warrant them. I don't think anyone is arguing that cancer patients should not receive powerful pain killers. People with a sore back are a different story.

Read "Dreamland" for the story about how this happened. It's unconscionable what sleazy pharma companies and scuzzy doctors have done.

I agree with what you are saying. But they have made it extremely difficult for cancer patients also. I have to go a pain clinic and am subjected to drug test every month. They make you feel like you are a criminal. I used to get refills but now they are only allowed to prescribe enough for 1 month. Now I pay 50 dollar co-pay every month to get a prescription. Not to mention the time off work to have to go the doctor every month. I don't know what the answer is but what I go thru sucks. It makes me feel like a second class citizen for getting cancer.
Quote Reply
Re: Opiod Epedemic [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Erin C. wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
I hear you - was prescribed Oxy about 10 years ago post-surgery and followed the weaning instructions to a T; the first day off of it was like the worst hangover/flu bug combined as I was violently ill, shivering and sweating bullets. I think if I ever needed to have something like that prescribed again I'd ask/demand a non-opiod option

I hope you never have Cancer, surgery, chemo and radiation. Opioids saved my life. I could have never made it through without them. It's a shame the knee jerk reaction to the abuser is to make them harder to get. It is easy to see the law of unintended consequences is causing a heroin epidemic! Heroin on the street is cheaper than prescription opioids.

what is a shame is unscrupulous doctors prescribing opiods for conditions that don't warrant them. I don't think anyone is arguing that cancer patients should not receive powerful pain killers. People with a sore back are a different story.

Read "Dreamland" for the story about how this happened. It's unconscionable what sleazy pharma companies and scuzzy doctors have done.

I agree with what you are saying. But they have made it extremely difficult for cancer patients also. I have to go a pain clinic and am subjected to drug test every month. They make you feel like you are a criminal. I used to get refills but now they are only allowed to prescribe enough for 1 month. Now I pay 50 dollar co-pay every month to get a prescription. Not to mention the time off work to have to go the doctor every month. I don't know what the answer is but what I go thru sucks. It makes me feel like a second class citizen for getting cancer.

Yes, they do make it difficult for people who legitimately need them. Given the horrible social costs these meds have created I have to say the restrictions are warranted. Not sure how else to do it -- you don't want people getting refills easily then selling them. I do recognize the individual pain this causes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next