Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RIP Stuart McLean
Quote | Reply
You 'Muricans won't know him but Canadians will (or should) know him from years of telling hilarious stories on the radio.

'Dave cooks a turkey' probably being his most famous.

I'll miss the misadventures of Dave and Morley. Sleep well Stuart.

Dave cooks the turkey. http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2637305725

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Feb 15, 17 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Stuart McLean [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loved that show. We may not be big, but we're small.
Last edited by: schroeder: Feb 15, 17 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He really made an art form of storytelling. Loved his show. Always enjoyed listening to him slow roll a story. He will be missed.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Stuart McLean [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who? If it isn't SCTV and itS stars I have no idea.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Stuart McLean [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not surprised you don't recognize him. He was a fixture on CBC radio (commie pinko state subsidized radio). A real talent and a good argument (in my view) for some state funding of the arts. Although I generally believe in the free market, there are some art forms that would not survive without government funding which have some value to society. Spoken word storytelling is probably one of those. YMMV.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leonard Cohen and Henry Rollins did well in their spoken word tours and albums.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vinyl Cafe on CBC radio. He will be missed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I call it the communist broadcasting company. I think the last conservative they ever interviewed was Deborah Grey. Even Rex Murphy is pretty well gone who was at least fair minded. I think that was his mistake. Unfortunately in many parts of the country there isn't much else on the dial. Ideas (the program) can sometimes be okay. Fortunately I live close enough to the border that I can get some conservative talk radio which runs the gamut. For variety I can alternate. Stuart will be missed.

CaptainCanada wrote:
Not surprised you don't recognize him. He was a fixture on CBC radio (commie pinko state subsidized radio). A real talent and a good argument (in my view) for some state funding of the arts. Although I generally believe in the free market, there are some art forms that would not survive without government funding which have some value to society. Spoken word storytelling is probably one of those. YMMV.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't believe I missed this. This will put a hole in what we listen to driving to skiing Sundays.

It is a sad day for me.

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always loved the stories. Will miss :(

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply