Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kickr firmware: most stable version?
Quote | Reply
I have a r1 Kickr that is starting to give me trouble (mainly dropouts during power ramps lasting less than 30 seconds). I've never updated the firmware (still on v1.2.2), and Wahoo support has recommended that I do so.

I searched the archives and found several threads where people updated their firmware to newer versions, only to experience problems and revert to an earlier version.

Just curious what revision people are using or would recommend. Not currently using a powermeter to control the Kickr.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you getting strange spindown results? If your problem is a failing strain gauge, then you should probably go with the latest firmware that doesn't use the strain gauge to calculate power.

Edit: If you use the latest firmware, make sure to do an advanced spindown in the Wahoo Fitness App before your workout.
Last edited by: valleycyclist: Feb 15, 17 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [valleycyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am surprised this thread didnt get more comments. I updated my Kickr firmware today and did an advanced spindown calibration. My kickr immeidately when from being about 20 watts off from my P1s to about 3 watts off. This is pretty huge. I assume others have seen this accuracy improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious. Were you seeing a higher or lower power figure compared to your p1's before the firmware update?
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [Dynamic161] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr was reading about 20 watts higher than my P1s

Now its about 3-4 watts higher than P1s (after one - 1.5 hour ride).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
I am surprised this thread didnt get more comments. I updated my Kickr firmware today and did an advanced spindown calibration. My kickr immeidately when from being about 20 watts off from my P1s to about 3 watts off. This is pretty huge. I assume others have seen this accuracy improvement.

Same exact experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the latest firmware on a Gen1 Kickr, but I have not been able to get through the advanced spin down on IOS Wahoo Fitness. Each time I try I get an error message to restart the spin down. I have to get out of the application to close it down.

Not a big deal as I plan to continue using power meter control for the PerfPro sessions.
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [Walter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. Gen 1 or 2 Kickr? And what FW version are you guys actually on now?
Quote Reply
Re: Kickr firmware: most stable version? [geetee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gen 1 Kickr

KICKR 1.5.63 Release 3rd Feb 2017

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/218979298-KICKR-Firmware-Updates-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
Gen 1 Kickr

KICKR 1.5.63 Release 3rd Feb 2017

https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/en-us/articles/218979298-KICKR-Firmware-Updates-

Again same.
Quote Reply