Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Money vs mateship: asking for refund on unused credit
Quote | Reply
About May of last year I decided I'd gift my estranged an informal photo shoot with the kids for Mothers Day. A guy from work did photography on the side so I figured it would be a cheap way of doing it.

I know him fairly well but I wouldn't say we are close. I helped him into cycling over the last year and introduced him to some groups and he's run with it. Anyway I asked him and he said $100 for an hour shoot and $150 for post production editing. That 'quote' is via text.

We met up at a park over the road from my place which coincidentally is 500m from where he lives. He brought along a lady who he said he often works with but which was not mentioned at the time of offer.

Shoot went fine. He took close to 200 pics but obviously multiples of same 'shots'. Many nice ones and many you'd typically discard. He told me to come around and have a look at which ones I wanted him to edit. Said to bring a thumb drive. I go around, pay him the $250 cash then and there and after scanning through for about 10 mins he says to put them all on my drive and go away, pick out maybe 15-20 and he can give them the treatment.

Fast forward to now and nothing has been done about it and to be honest not likely to. He's working in another office at the moment. I was going to message him and say I'm not likely to get around to the editing so could I possibly get a refund on the $150 after next pay day.

Should this be as awkward as it feels? What issues do you see and is it a fair request?

I've tried to stick to the facts and not try to influence responses.
Quote Reply
Re: Money vs mateship: asking for refund on unused credit [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say "nothing has been done about it" what do you mean..that you never sifted through the pics and picked out 20 for him or do you mean you picked some out and he never edited them and gave them the finishing treatment? So who did the nothing...you or him?

If the former, that's on you and no you shouldn't ask for $$ back.

If the latter, if it was me, I'd just eat the 150 and chalk it up as lesson learned. Not worth getting into it with a "friend".

Quote Reply
Re: Money vs mateship: asking for refund on unused credit [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

File in small claims... then.... http://www.judgejudy.com/submit_your_case
Last edited by: ChiTownJack: Feb 14, 17 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Money vs mateship: asking for refund on unused credit [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LR - keeping it real!

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

From your post it sounds like you never picked the 15-20 and gave him the chance to edit them. That is your problem. Either pick out the pictures or forget it.
Quote Reply
Re: Money vs mateship: asking for refund on unused credit [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree now. I had the blinkers on before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you sent him the photos to edit I'd ask when he thinks he'll be done. If he sounds busy you could offer him an out with a refund. If you never sent the photos you're a dumbass.
Quote Reply