Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system
Quote | Reply
Putting the training wheels back on and trying to remove my Zipp brake pads from the Tri Rig brakes are a nightmare. I can't get them to budge at all. Any tips on removal? Certain lubricants that might free them up?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [TED4289] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just push them out with a scewdriver.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried it. Doesn't budge.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [TED4289] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stupid question but did you remove the little allen screw that holds them in place?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did haha. They will not budge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a small open ended wrench -10mm or 12mm I forget- and that is a bit wider than a screw driver and the flats of the wrench keep it in place.

I wouldn't recommend using any lube on your brakes or brake pads.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a wide punch and tap them out with a small mallet.

Roar Lion Roar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I squeeze the pad in towards the shoe and push out. Seems to track better. I do this on insertion and removal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I experienced the same issue with SwissStop pads and usually used an L allen wrench placed perpendicular to the pad for leverage. Then used both thumbs on the allen wrench to push the pad out. Apply a thin film of grease on the back side of the pads for easier insertion and removal next time. Don't worry, the pads won't slide out due to the wheel rotation direction and the pad holding screws.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Brake Pads Removal from Tri Rig Braking system [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Hopefully one of those will work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If none of those work, maybe you can try this.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply