Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a pretty stacked lineup on the male side. Female side is not too shabby either.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [splashrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the names are recognizable other than Mikel Calahorra - who's this guy?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Great question. Also what happened to the members that left?

Executed?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's a coach. good athlete. lives there. kind of the coach of the area. as i recall i think he's the one who coaches the prince. this is from memory. spanish i think? originally? but found his niche in bahrain?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:

Straight from the article:

For the first time since its inception, the Bahrain Endurance 13 welcomes an age-group triathlete onto its main roster. Mikel Calahorra was selected not only for his racing success having qualified several times for the Ironman World Championship and 70.3 World Championship, but also for his accomplishments in developing the nascent Bahraini triathlon scene into the boomtown it is today.
The Spaniard who has made Bahrain his home not only trains His Highness Shaikh Nasser but is also an active ambassador in the community and helping to develop junior athletes. He coaches the reigning Arab and African duathlon champion and the first ever Bahraini woman to finish an Ironman. He also created the first Middle East girls team, who began from zero fitness to completing half-iron distance competitions.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Did these guys not click the link?

Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to speculate on the financial package that comes with a spot on this squad? What's in it for the athletes?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Did these guys not click the link?

LOL. More proof that people only read headlines...

Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Care to speculate on the financial package that comes with a spot on this squad? What's in it for the athletes?

Scott

I have no idea but I am sure it greatly depends on the particular athlete.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When the prince asks and they say "yes", then they live. If they say "no", then...............

Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the thread in general and nobody in particular.. is this the best discussion we can come up with? The (arguably) best short course athlete on the planet - who has been the topic of endless discussion about his potential long course future - has just joined a largely long course focused team. And the conversation is who is the age group guy and how much do they get paid (with some slightly absurd and vaguely stereotyping "jokes" about the Arab culture).

Anyone else excited to see what happens when Ali Brownlee becomes teammates with the two existing Kona champs?!
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an individual sport nothing will happen when they become team mates other than build the brand of this team
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
To the thread in general and nobody in particular.. is this the best discussion we can come up with? The (arguably) best short course athlete on the planet - who has been the topic of endless discussion about his potential long course future - has just joined a largely long course focused team. And the conversation is who is the age group guy and how much do they get paid (with some slightly absurd and vaguely stereotyping "jokes" about the Arab culture).

Anyone else excited to see what happens when Ali Brownlee becomes teammates with the two existing Kona champs?!

I would bet, no matter the entry list, that this team could sweep the male podium at any 70.3 and in time, the same could be said for 140.6.

Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [Stevie G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:

Scott

A good salary and an extremely competitive individual and team bonus structure.
Last edited by: James Haycraft: Feb 14, 17 14:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed - almost more interesting to see who's left.

From what I can make out:
  • James Cunnama / Luke Bell / Sam Appleton / Joe Gambles - "dropped" or just moved on?
  • Sebastian Kienle - surely not dropped, does he have other things in the works?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I am AWA Silver and am waiting for an invite. Brownlee would be lucky to have me as a team mate.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [Stevie G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie G wrote:
It's an individual sport nothing will happen when they become team mates other than build the brand of this team

Not even sure it will do that.

Who gives a sh-t who is bankrolling these guys. There is no "team" in an individual sport until they let them draft legally (i.e. NASCAR).
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [aka_finto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sara Gross is gone from last year's team. I believe Bell, Gambles, and Kienle were already gone in 2016...
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the place that got super excited about Paulos team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

Ali will still be Ali and his "teammates" will not be members of the Bahrain Team, his "teammate" will still be Jonny and the local Leeds training group.

Uncle Phil wrote:
Sara Gross is gone from last year's team. I believe Bell, Gambles, and Kienle were already gone in 2016...

Was Gross on the actual team or was she on the "development" team which I believe they still have with the likes of Eric Watson and the local Bahrain "kid". I believe this is where Freddie originally started with the team as well.

aka_finto wrote:
Agreed - almost more interesting to see who's left.

From what I can make out:
  • James Cunnama / Luke Bell / Sam Appleton / Joe Gambles - "dropped" or just moved on?
  • Sebastian Kienle - surely not dropped, does he have other things in the works?
As Uncle Phil stated, Kienle was already gone and not on the team in 2016. I believe Jan had discussed this possibly on the TRS Podcast or in another interview and I believe if I remember hearing correctly one of the big things is Sebastian didn't want to wear red, or at least that was the story, someone please correct me if I am remembering things incorrectly.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Ali Brownlee and Holly Lawrence join Bahrain Endurance 13 [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get what everybody is saying, that this isn't a real working team and they probably won't even be training together. But for me it sounds like a clear signal of intent on AB's part, which I found interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know of one athlete who got $20,000.

Internet User
Quote Reply