Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
S'ok episode. And yes, I think Gregory via Simon.

I thought this was strongly implied, almost to the point of being uttered.

I also don't see any major resolution coming from the final episode. Some pieces will get moved around, and some will be knocked off the board, but it's simply too much story to trim neatly in 60 minutes.

Somewhat off topic, but what ever happened to the guy (Heath) that was with Tara before she floated to the shores of Oceanside?

90 minutes, but your point remains.

Heath remains missing.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
It almost feels like this season finale will be more like the Terminus boxcar finale, with some great big build up but little actual movement and closure, only to have the next season start out with a sort of "meh" kick off and a lingering story line. It's not as if there's going to be some sort of giant war to start and end to close out the season or to start the next season and end right away. I guess I don't expect that either. Not every season can end like the last one with a gasping cliff hanger and start the following season with one episode that frames the relationship for the entire following season. This feels like one with a lot of awkward transitional space to set up a more full season in October.

I don't think this season finale will give us any closure and I doubt we'll see much action. I think they are going to milk Negan for another full season.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
I don't think this season finale will give us any closure and I doubt we'll see much action. I think they are going to milk Negan for another full season.

I think that their treatment of Negan (and more appropriately, the Saviors) has been far too one-dimensional for a one-and-done. Dwight is essentially the first crack in the dam. Otherwise, they've demonstrated nothing but blind obedience to Negan, and it's pretty inconceivable that his whole hierarchy/network would simply fold in his absence.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really not sure about this. I think it's highly conceivable that they would disperse or dissolve into infighting without him.

Mid season I said the saviours would collapse without Negan. I've not seen anything to change my mind.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I'm really not sure about this. I think it's highly conceivable that they would disperse or dissolve into infighting without him.

Mid season I said the saviours would collapse without Negan. I've not seen anything to change my mind.

I agree and the scene where he threw the doctor into the smelter sealed it for me. Everyone looked away in disgust. It looked different then fear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Season finale... I give it a C, or maybe a soft C+

It delivered slightly more than was minimally necessary. No real twists, predictable resolution (though I think we all suspected this), and a few minor setups for next season. And let's not ignore the fact that the primary Alexandrians still prove to be 100% invincible in a close-range, head-to-head gun battle.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doubtful of anyone who claims they saw all that coming - agreed it was not great but I didn't see that shit coming
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious which part(s) you found surprising.

I certainly didn't foresee all of the details of the episode, but the major events all seemed apparent early in the episode. I think the two least obvious elements (coming into the episode) were Sasha's plan and the decision by the scavengers.

Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's about time to start winding things up. How's it going to end?

The story line is really dragging. Enough with the drawn-out dialog already.

I'm on the fence for next season....

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Fuck 'em. They make us wait too long and don't deliver enough. They are turning into Lost.

This, indeed.

Stringing along the viewers to keep people watching.

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its working. Im still watching
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
S'ok episode. And yes, I think Gregory via Simon.

Lots to pack into the last episode though.

Wife thinks the junk yard people are the little birds. They give negan info and he leaves them alone because they're weird.

hat tip to the misses. She called it.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because people who are fearful and allegiant believe in fair play. As long as they believe the system is fair (even if it isn't by any stretch), they will follow. Here, a man was basically executed without any evidence he did something. And it was done the minute another "smart person" like Eugene came. It basically showed them they are replaceable on a whim even if they keep their head down and do what they are told. Systems don't work like that for too long.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And a lot of them died, so I wonder how that will impact that weird symbiotic relationship among the junkers. Clearly they are a cult following that woman, and she made the call to betray rick believing they would come out unscathed vs fighting. Clearly that didn't go as planned. A cult leader is only as good as the promises he can convince his flock he can or is keeping.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
I'm curious which part(s) you found surprising.

I certainly didn't foresee all of the details of the episode, but the major events all seemed apparent early in the episode. I think the two least obvious elements (coming into the episode) were Sasha's plan and the decision by the scavengers.

ahh yah that's what I'm talking about . . . but 'the major events all seemed apparent early in the episode.' - we're talking about this episode . . . it's like saying the movie was not surprising because of what happened in the movie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I definitely wasn't displeased with this episode, but wonder what they do next to keep viewer attention. The formula has been bad guy, defeat bad guy; bigger bad guy, defeat bigger bad guy; even bigger bad guy, defeat even bigger bad guy; another even bigger bad guy, defeat it; rinse, repeat.

I'm not a comic reader, so I don't really know that storyline aside from a few articles I've glanced over. Maybe there's more beyond Negan, who's certain to be defeated by the end of next season, and maybe a bunch of Negan's lower-level people join in, but the problem with that is a bunch of them will just be pack fodder for the next bad guy if history proves. It's really just a matter of which big characters die and they've already seemed to put pretty heavy plot armor on a few of the big remaining ones.

I'll still watch because I'm invested and stubborn & it's entertaining enough to keep me at this point, but the consistency of writing isn't holding like Breaking Bad did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the second time the dumpster weirdo chick has thumped Rick and knocked him down. Does Rick just go into idiot mode around her? And she is really creepy.

And Negan can't kill one zombie?

I felt a little vindication at how the finale finally had something happen after such a boring season but man It seemed like pulling teeth.......my own......to stay interested enough to make it to the last episode. A show can't survive on a season of crap and a cliff hanger in the finale.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why couldn't the tiger have jumped on Negan? Have Shive bite the arm with Lucile or something, and then a minion pulls him away before the serious damage is done.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best part of the season:

Ezekiele: "Jerry! Put down the cobbler!"

Jerry looks upset.

Ezekiele: "...fine"

Jerry looks happy again.

This show has really gone down hill. I can't believe they are going to drag Negan along for another whole season. Something has to change with this show next season or I'm out.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Best part of the season:

Jerry looks upset.

Jerry looks happy again.

This show has really gone down hill. I can't believe they are going to drag Negan along for another whole season. Something has to change with this show next season or I'm out.

*Spoiler so read at your own peril*
There's more battle to come against Negan. I just hope it doesn't take an entire season to play out. I don't think it will.

Negan is still very much alive and a force to be reckoned with (albeit in a different way) in the comics and the show is only about 2/3 caught up with the comics.

There's also a time jump in the comics after the last Negan battle. The comics jump ahead a few years after the war against Negan. I wonder how the show is going to handle that storyline.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Does nobody care about The Walking Dead any more? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Best part of the season:

Jerry looks upset.

Jerry looks happy again.

The dipshits better have a fight scene where Jerry uses that huge two sided sickle thing he always caries around. Wife and I decided not to watch next year until the show is over and just binge a couple weeks. The trash people story line was just plain dumb. Rick needs to give decision making to Maggie because he's a dumbass.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got round to watching the finale last night. The fact it took me 2 weeks to do so speaks volumes! Enjoyed it for what it was, particularly zombie Sasha and the tiger attack, but it's just all become too silly now. Why does everybody continue to follow Rick when he's outwitted at every turn? Even allowing for the mild surprise of zombie Sasha, how do you start and survive a firefight when all your forces have lowered their weapons and have a gun pointed at their heads? How have whole communities of people turned into complete fruitloops within a couple of years of civilization ending? How do you train a tiger to attack on command? And was the moderate enjoyment of a finale which really didn't resolve any major plot points really worth sitting through 15 episodes of mostly tedium? Particularly when there are so many other good TV shows out there at the moment and I still haven't got around to finishing the Wire or Breaking Bad?

I'm out.
Quote Reply

Prev Next