Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacement frame/bike Choices- what would you do?
Quote | Reply
So my 2012 Cervelo P3 has done me proud for a few years but it's time to replace it with one that actually fits me. I'm 6'2'' and with a 56cm frame I've ended up needing a 58cm seat post and a flipped stem plus spacers to make it fit me.

It was built up with a collection of Ebay bits accumulated which i'm looking to maybe keep/transfer to the next bike.

My budget is pretty limited so i'm not looking to buy the latest super bike.

So far the two choices I have are the Cannonade Slice 105 or the Felt B16. They are entry level bikes but the frames look to be the same as the better specced bikes.

I'm thinking transfer everything across from the P3 leaving me with a better fitting bike with SRAM Force(eTap coming when budget allows) and the remaining parts including the P3 frameset makes the change over just about equal.

In terms of the actual bikes i can get the Cannonade for £1300 down from £2000 for a 2016 model and the B16 can be bought for £1500.

Is the Slice really a £500 better bike or are you just paying for the name?

Is there any other comparable priced bikes with decent frames you'd maybe consider?
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement frame/bike Choices- what would you do? [chunkytfg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really super familiar with the Slice but the Felt is a great buy. I had a B2 and currently have a DA and have nothing but good things to say about Felt.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement frame/bike Choices- what would you do? [chunkytfg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of the 2 mentioned, I'd get the Felt. Have you also explored getting a new P2 or P3 frame? The fit is totally different, so you may actually fit a new 56.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At that target price range, the B16 is the value champion. I do not remember seeing comparisons between the B and the Slice, but I think the B is likely better aerodynamically. It is likely faster than your P3.
Quote Reply
Re: Replacement frame/bike Choices- what would you do? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help guys. My LBS is able to get me in a Felt for me to try for the weekend with a possible discount to get it inline with the Slice price so I'm going to give them a try. Comparing against my current bike the Slice has a bit more stack and the Felt has a lot! I think the Felt may be whats needed to get rid of all those spacers and flipped stem!

Plus regardless of what I choose i'll finally be able to get rid of this horrible cable routes the P3 has!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a B16 a little over a year ago and raced it all of last year. It was my first tri bike after racing for two years on a road bike with clip on aerobars. I have about 1000 miles on it and really like it. It feels fast and has held up well on some rougher courses. I have had no major issues although some of the bolts are in funny spots and are difficult to reach (my biggest issue is the bolt that secures the saddle rails to the seatpost is only accessible with one of those nobby ended allen wrenches so it is difficult to get the right torque on it.)

I highly recommend the B16 and would buy it again!
Quote Reply